Signal for when a DOM resource finishes downloading?

• I have a website that loads DOM resources such as images, iframes, ajax, scripts, etc.

Running qt web engine on this website, I found a way for the render to time the exact moment these requests were initiated by subclassing QWebEngineUrlRequestInterceptor, and passing that class to m_page.profile()->setRequestInterceptor().

However, I would also like to time when these DOM resources finish downloading as well. This was possible in qt webkit, so I was hoping there's a way to do it for qt webengine.

One example I thought was the solution is the signal QWebEngineProfile::downloadRequested(QWebEngineDownloadItem *download). This signal allows me to access the QWebEngineDownloadItem object, which signals when the download has finished, which is basically what I am looking for. However, this signal doesn't ever seem to be executed. I think it is only run when e.g. the application user clicks on a download link, rather than being run for every DOM resource being downloaded.

Is there a way I can figure out when a DOM resource finishes downloading? I spent basically the entire day looking through documentations, but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.