QML - C++ comunication

• Hi everyone,

I've just started to develop for Symbian and I downloaded the Qt Creator. It's really helpfull but I'm a beginner in this so I'm really lost.

I have a couple of questions:

The first one, I'm trying to make a gradient background generated by C. It's not a big deal but the main problem its that I have to create it indicating the center and the diameter. I would want to make it dynamic depending on the screen size and an element centered I have in the QML. I tried a lot of things searching in the posts but all the answered failed for me. One of them was this one but it doesn't work for me, I guess because I'm not using it correctly.

@viewer.rootContext()->setContextProperty("mainWindow", this);@

I tried also trying to get the childs of the QML and get the property with this example but viewer.rootObject is not QObject

@/*QObject object = viewer.rootObject();
    QObject content = object->findChild<QObject>("content");
    /@

This is my code:

@int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {

QApplication app(argc, argv);

QRadialGradient radialGrad(175, 200, 400);
    radialGrad.setColorAt(0, QColor::QColor(40,40,40));
    radialGrad.setColorAt(1, Qt::black);

QBrush brush(radialGrad);

QmlApplicationViewer viewer;
    viewer.setBackgroundBrush(brush);
    viewer.setOrientation(QmlApplicationViewer::ScreenOrientationAuto);
    viewer.setMainQmlFile&#40;QLatin1String("main.qml"&#41;);
    viewer.showExpanded();

return app.exec();

}
    @

My other question depends also on this QML - C++ Comunication. I would want to minimize the application instead to kill the proccess. I checked that there is a function in QmlApplicationViewer called showMinimize, but should depend on a button in the QML.

Thank you a lot in advance.

• Well just in case someone has the same problem I found the solution.

Align the radial gradient it's as easy as to get the screen dimensions with:

@return QApplication::desktop()->screenGeometry();@

That is a QRect so with that you can get the screen size and then set the background.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.