Invert Selection

• Hi all!

I’m working with QT in order to create a selection path. But now I would like to invert it, like the photoshop tool you know.

I used the subtracted method to manage to get the invert selection BUT I got only one path. I would like to splite this path into small path/polygons since I use a personal class to print the selections.

I know the methods ToFillPolygons & ToSubpathPolygons exist but they don’t give me what I need.

Here is few drawing to understand what I need:

First, the selections the user do in black: First Selection

Then, in red, the result of the subtracted method: Inverted selection

And here is what I’m looking for: How can I get only the 2 red polygons like this

In a perfect world I would like to get 5 polygons because I cannot deal with hole inside my polygons for the moment, I mean I cannot remove the line which connect outer and inner polygons and I have something like this: ugly result.
    Now you can understand why I cannot use ToFillPolygons & ToSubpathPolygons method which give me this following result

Thanks for your help

• Nobody has an idea?
    It's very important and this issue drives me crazy

• Moderators

You could use operator - like this:

QPainterPath p1;
    p1.addRect(0.0, 0.0, 100.0, 150.0);

QVector<QPointF> points;
        points << QPointF(60.0, 30.0)   << QPointF(100.0, 30.0)
               << QPointF(100.0, 90.0)  << QPointF(0.0, 90.0)
               << QPointF(0.0, 60.0)    << QPointF(60.0, 60.0)
               << QPointF(60.0, 30.0);
    QPainterPath p2;
    p2.addPolygon(points);
    p2.addRect(20.0, 110.0, 60.0, 20.0);

QPainterPath p3 = p1 - p2;

Which gives:
    Selection

• Hii..

Sorry to disturb you but if you are free then please give me answer of below question

https://forum.qt.io/topic/60399/adobe-photoshop-cc-2015-plugin

I am newbie to this Qt framework.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.