How to call.NET dll from Qt Project

• I am quite new to Qt development. Can anyone help on the steps required to call a C# dll from Qt project (Simple QtBrowserPlugin for firefox and chrome)? Is that possible?

I have seen some samples on ActiveQt. As far as i understand, ActiveQt implementation will compel me to use Internet Explorer. I want to make the plug-in for Firefox and Chrome. Is my understanding correct?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

• Qt is C++, and from C++ you can call any C++ dll (build with the same compiler), any COM stuff (e.g. with activeQt) or any dll with a C-style API.

C# has a complete own interface structure. So you can't call it directly. If you wrap the C# stuff inside a COM interface, you can call it via ActiveQt.

• Hi Gerolf,

Thanks a lot for the response.

If i were to wrap the C# stuff inside a COM interface and call it through ActiveQt, would i not require Internet Explorer, considering that i am building a Qt Browser plug-in?

I do not want the plug-in to depend on IE? Need to work in Firefox and Chrome. Is there any path out?

Thanks in advance.

Bala

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.