Get the row-Index in a model

• Hi!

I have got a model (QSqlTableModel) and I have a value that contains my model i.e. in column 2.
    How do I get the index of the row for my value.

Why do I need this:
    I have two comboboxes. After the selection of a value in the first combobox, I want to set a value (default value that depends on the choice of the first combobox) to the second combobox. In the second combobox I need the index of the row to set the value to the second combobox (with setcurrendIndex()). Or is there a smarter way?

Thank you!

Franz

• I have solved my problem in this way:

First I have changed the modelColumn to the Column with the key-value in the second combobox:

ui->cbCostCenterGr->setModelColumn(0);

Then I fetch the key-value for the second combobox from the first combobox...

QModelIndex id = ui->cbCostCenter->model()->index(index, 2);
        QString _CcGr = id.data().toString();

...and search the value in the second combobox:

ui->cbCostCenterGr->setCurrentIndex(ui->cbCostCenterGr->findText(_CcGr));

At least I change the modelColumn of the second combobox to the column with the text (to display the text and not the key-value):

ui->cbCostCenterGr->setModelColumn(1);

Here is the hole function:

void VoucherPosForm::on_cbCostCenter_activated(int index)
    {

ui->cbCostCenterGr->setModelColumn(0);

QModelIndex id = ui->cbCostCenter->model()->index(index, 2);//"2" is the key-column
        QString _CcGr = id.data().toString();

ui->cbCostCenterGr->setCurrentIndex(ui->cbCostCenterGr->findText(_CcGr));

ui->cbCostCenterGr->setModelColumn(1);
    }

It works fine, but is there a straighter way??

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.