Qt 5.5 - won't use show some Qt translations

• I'm moving an existing app from Qt 5.2 to 5.5. It is localized into several different languages.

At startup I load my own localized .qm translation files, as well as the Qt UI files (e.g. qt_xx.qm). QTranslator loads and installs them without error.

However for some languages I don't see translations for basic things like "Save", "Discard", "Close" buttons in a standard QMessageBox.

German and Russian are fine, but Spanish and Chinese don't show the Qt translations. I have tied both building the .qm files into my app's resources, and as separate /languages/ folder. Both with the same results.

However on the Mac version I do see the translations in my app's menu on Mac for things like "Hide app" - so I know at least the translations are loaded.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

i know for some languages the translation files (such as "qt_it.qm") are empty and the translations are in "qtbase_xx.qm". I'm using those when available. Also tried using the windeployqt to copy the qm files for me.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.