[SOLVED] [Qt Creator] Segmentation fault after updating from 3.4.2 -> 3.5.0

• Dear Qt Creator Developers,

after updating my Qt Creator 3.4.2 installation to Qt Creator 3.5.0 (by using the Maintenance Tool) I am getting the following segfault on startup resulting in an unusable Qt Creator installation.

Unknown debugger id {5be0557c-5e81-49af-a427-8b3a26afcc32} in kit Android for x86 (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.3.2)
    Unknown debugger id {5be0557c-5e81-49af-a427-8b3a26afcc32} in kit Android for x86 (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.5.0)
    SOFT ASSERT: "item" in file /work/build/qtsdk/qt-creator/src/plugins/debugger/debuggerkitinformation.cpp, line 343
    SOFT ASSERT: "item" in file /work/build/qtsdk/qt-creator/src/plugins/debugger/debuggerkitinformation.cpp, line 343
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any idea how I can fix this issue? Everything used to work fine with 3.4.2.

Best regards,
    Markus Franke

• After working for a while with the 3.4.2 version again the problem for 3.5.0 magically disappeared!?!?

I guess something in the config files was corrupt and it had to do with the Android debuggers. But somehow Qt Creator fixed the problem by himself - probably after creating a new Android kit in the old version.

Maybe this helps somebody.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.