Virtual/Hidden File System

• Hi guys,

I wish to bundle several files with my Qt app, including .html, .js and .exe and was wondering if there is any mechanism to place these into one binary or generate a virtual/temp file-system at run-time so that filesystem behaviour won't break but at the same time these files aren't sitting around in the Qt app directory for people to view/mod.

I considered the Qt resource system but presumably a link to another file in a .html, for example, wouldn't be able to see another file within the resource or a .exe program won't be able to see its configuration file etc.

Many thanks

• Hi there,

What filesystem are you using? If it's unix/linux based, just create a hidden directory (similar to .ssh/ or .config/) at a preferred location by appending a dot to the directory name. This will resolve the html link and other related issues as mentioned my you.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks,
    Anant Agrawal

• Thank you Anant,

I will be deploying both to Linux and Windows and so require a solution for both, however they don't necessarily have to be the same solution.

Many thanks

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.