QT Creator and QWT AutoComplete?

• Hi everybody,

This is the first time I've ever used an external library, so if it sounds like I don't know what I'm talking about then....:) The documentation has been confusing me, but I think I've almost got it.

I have these lines in my .pro file:

@
    LIBS += -LC:/lib/qwt60/lib -lqwt
    #LIBS += -lqwt

INCLUDEPATH +=
    C:/lib/qwt60/include

QMAKEFEATURES += C:/lib/qwt60/features

CONFIG += qwt
    @

If this is not right or foolish, feel free to correct me :), but it does appear to be working. My problem is I would like to have Qwt function calls autocomplete like standard QT and C++ functions do.

IE: You type this-> and you get a list of items. This happens for everything but the QWT library I've added (A class derived from QwtPlot will show it's members using the -> operator, but it won't show the inherited methods from QwtPlot), and I'm not sure why. Any ideas?

E

• Moderators

Qt Creator is outcompleting everything it knows it finds in the header files it parses.

So is the right header file included? Auto-completion will fail, if you have forward-declared a class only or if the header is just not included.

Does your application build?

• Yes, it builds/runs no problem.

Is there potentially a different component for the "object search path" than there is for header location?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.