Applying StyleSheet to Custom Window

• Hi

I've been looking for an answer to this question on the forum but could not find anything. I am trying to apply a Stylesheet to a promoted widget but it just won't apply.

I used the Designer interface to promote a QWidget to a QWidget inherited class TitiWidget.
    Still in the designer interface I added

@
    border: 2px solid green;
    border-radius: 20px;
    padding: 2px;
    background-color: rgb(85, 85, 255);
    @

to the "StyleSheet" field of the now custom widget.

The widget's style is changed in the Design window but nothing is changed when I run the application. Demoting the Custom widget to a regular QWidget solves the problem and the style is applied.

I tried to add TitiWidget#widget or QWidget#widget before the stylesheet arguments. No improvements.

What should I do ?

• Styling a custom widget through style sheets is not supported. Sorry.

Edit:
    Well, let me specify that a bit: custom drawn custom widgets can not be styled using qss. You can use qss to style custom widgets that are just compositions of existing Qt widgets.

• By custom drawn widget, you do mean widgets inherited from Qwidget, right ?

Are you aware of any plan to implement this in a next version ?

• Me? No, not me. I don't work for Nokia :-)

What I mean by custom drawn, are widgets that are based directly on QWidget and where you implement paintEvent() do do your own painting yourself.

• If you just derive from QWidget and need that one styled, you have to do some stuff :-)

@
    void TitiWidget::paintEvent(QPaintEvent* /p_pEvent/)
    {
    QStyleOption opt;
    opt.init(this);
    QStylePainter p(this);
    p.drawPrimitive(QStyle::PE_Widget, opt);
    }
    @

• why not in the constructor of TitiWidget put this ?

@
    setStyleSheet(
    "border: 2px solid green;"
    "border-radius: 20px;"
    "padding: 2px;"
    "background-color: rgb(85, 85, 255);"
    );@

• [quote author="marcoB" date="1305200019"]why not in the constructor of TitiWidget put this ?

@
    setStyleSheet(
    "border: 2px solid green;"
    "border-radius: 20px;"
    "padding: 2px;"
    "background-color: rgb(85, 85, 255);"
    );@
    [/quote]

Because it all depends on how TitiWidget is implemented if this is going to work or not.

• It only works if you overwrite the paint event.
    Otherwise nothing happens.

• Thanks a lot for your answers.

The
    @
    void TitiWidget::paintEvent(QPaintEvent* /p_pEvent/)
    {
    QStyleOption opt;
    opt.init(this);
    QStylePainter p(this);
    p.drawPrimitive(QStyle::PE_Widget, opt);
    }
    @

trick works just fine. And it's actually in Qt's documentation. Shame on me.

Edit: please use code tags (@) before and after your code section; Andre

• Nice trick to get at least the basic style sheet stuff painted correctly, but I still don't see a way to get where you can draw, let alone a way to style what you draw yourself using that style sheet...

• That does not work at all. If you have a custom drawn widget, it can't be styled. Only if you do some basic style sheet stuff and paint on it later...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.