[Solved] Qt 5.5 MSVC 2013 Precompiled Packages: Which Windows SDK Version was used?

• Hello.

As I currently can not build WebEngine with MSVC 2015, I am forced to use a precompiled Package of Qt 5.5 MSVC 2013 x86 for now.
    Whenever I try to run / build my Application, the 'Windows.h' File can not be found. It worked before I installed the MSVC 2015 RTM and the Windows 10 SDK. MSVC 2013 Update 5 is also installed.

And I installed manually

• Windows 8.0 SDK
    • Windows 8.1 SDK

Even adding 'INCLUDEPATH +=' to the Pro File gave me nothing. And yes, I already un-/reinstalled those Packages a couple of times.

Does anyone know which Windows SDK Version has been used to compile the Qt 5.5 MSVC 2013 x86 / x64 Package?
    Thanks!
    Oliver

• Hi MeerMusik,

the right SDK should be Visual Studios 2013 for Desktop. I don´t know if the 2015 RTM installation has any impact on a msvc 2013 installation. The Windows.h is part of MSVC 2013 for Desktop, you don´t need a windows sdk for windows.h. Can you check the compiler of you kit in qtcreator is pointing to the msvc 2013 cl.exe?

• Hi.

Yes the Compiler is set to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat x86' which calls cl.exe 18.00.40629 x86 correctly.

I know that it normally should not matter. Compiling with Qt under Windows 10 worked fine. Something must have been broken.

EDIT01: I unticked "Use Jom instead of nmake". The Error when I try to compile is:

• NMAKE:-1: error: U1077: 'rc' : return code '0x1'
    • NMAKE:-1: error: U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'

EDIT02: As nmake could not be found (even as it is in that Directory), I started another multi-hour Session to Uninstall all VS2013(2015) and Windows SDK related Stuff. Revo Uninstaller Pro helps me to make sure every uninstall will be clean.

Will update this post or make a new Reply later.

• good luck

• As nmake could not be found

Nothing in the error message implies that nmake cannot be found. The message says that nmake ran a program called 'rc' (resource compiler) and it failed. I would look at the actual command nmake was trying to execute and any diagnostic messages rc emitted. It is possibly finding the "wrong" rc.exe, or not finding a file it needs etc.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa381055(v=vs.85).aspx

• @ChrisW67

In Qt Creator, when I click on the second Line, the 'Red Error Detail Description' said: nmake could not be found. And even when I started a compile Test (openssl from Source with all MSVC2013 Variables set, it says: nmake could not be found).

So yes, for whatever reason, nmake could not be found :)
    Something was definitely broken: It seems VS 2015 killed some VS2013 Stuff (dozens Registry Entries where defect or pointed to a wrong location). Even some installed SDK Files where not really installed.

But I currently do a Un-/Reinstall of all the Tools with Revo Uninstaller.
    [Revo found hundreds of leftover Files and Registry Entries after VS 2015 has been 'successfully' uninstalled. Lets see how this turns out]

• I have reinstalled VS 2013 and VS 2015 again - where possible without the Mobile Tools, Libs, Headers etc.
    It works again.

There is also a VS2015 Report at the MSDN Forum. VS2015 RTM is full of Bugs.

Thanks everybody for your time!
    Oliver

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.