Dialog shouldn't be closed automatically when OK is pressed

• Hello,

my dialog accepts input in 2 TextFields. When the user presses OK, I check if the input in the TextFields is equal. If not the dialog shouldn't be closed. How can I do this?

import QtQuick 2.3
    import QtQuick.Controls 1.3
    import QtQuick.Dialogs 1.2

Dialog {
    id: dialogVirtualKeyboard
    standardButtons: StandardButton.Ok | StandardButton.Cancel

MessageDialog {
        id: passwordMessage
        text: "Passwords must be equal!"

onAccepted: dialogVirtualKeyboard.open()
    }

onAccepted: {
        if (inputText.text != inputTextRepeat.text)
            passwordMessage.open()
    }

TextField {
        id: inputText
        height: 25; width: parent.width
    }

TextField {
        id: inputTextRepeat
        height: 25; width: parent.width
    }

}

Any help is highly appreciated!

Christine

• Have you tried calling open() from onAccepted? I don't know if that will work.

It doesn't seem like a very friendly UI: the user clicks ok, and then nothing happens? How do they know what's wrong? You could open another dialog telling them what's wrong, and from that dialog, re-open the first dialog.

• I just changed my source code according to your suggestion. When the texts are not equal I open a MessageDialog in onAccepted (but the original dialog is already closed) and when this is closed I open the original dialog again. But that's not what I want.

The original dialog should stay open when the MessageDialog is shown. I can't believe that this isn't possible.

• Did you try calling open() in onAccepted?

• Yes I did. But I also have to open my MessageBox in onAccepted and then input is allowed in both dialogs at the same time.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.