Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Dialog shouldn't be closed automatically when OK is pressed

• Hello,

my dialog accepts input in 2 TextFields. When the user presses OK, I check if the input in the TextFields is equal. If not the dialog shouldn't be closed. How can I do this?

import QtQuick 2.3
    import QtQuick.Controls 1.3
    import QtQuick.Dialogs 1.2

Dialog {
    id: dialogVirtualKeyboard
    standardButtons: StandardButton.Ok | StandardButton.Cancel

MessageDialog {
        id: passwordMessage
        text: "Passwords must be equal!"

onAccepted: dialogVirtualKeyboard.open()
    }

onAccepted: {
        if (inputText.text != inputTextRepeat.text)
            passwordMessage.open()
    }

TextField {
        id: inputText
        height: 25; width: parent.width
    }

TextField {
        id: inputTextRepeat
        height: 25; width: parent.width
    }

}

Any help is highly appreciated!

Christine

• Have you tried calling open() from onAccepted? I don't know if that will work.

It doesn't seem like a very friendly UI: the user clicks ok, and then nothing happens? How do they know what's wrong? You could open another dialog telling them what's wrong, and from that dialog, re-open the first dialog.

• I just changed my source code according to your suggestion. When the texts are not equal I open a MessageDialog in onAccepted (but the original dialog is already closed) and when this is closed I open the original dialog again. But that's not what I want.

The original dialog should stay open when the MessageDialog is shown. I can't believe that this isn't possible.

• Did you try calling open() in onAccepted?

• Yes I did. But I also have to open my MessageBox in onAccepted and then input is allowed in both dialogs at the same time.