Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Behaviour of a c++ model update from a different thread from which the QML QtQuick2 engine is running
psimona last edited by
The scenario has following components:
- C++ QAbstractItemModel derived model class created in main thread
- QML QtQuick2 Engine instantiated in main thread
- Worker boost::thread spawned from main thread upon user interaction
The relations between these components:
- The C++ model is exposed through a Q_PROPERTY of a type registered with qmlRegisterSingletonType<>() to the QML Engine.
- The worker thread updates the model through a method that invokes "emit data_changed(...)"
The question: in which thread does the callback of the "emit data_changed(...)" happen?
A key element in this question is that the started thread is not qt aware.
This question is also posted here