I can't run qt quick

• Hello guys,

I am very new in the qml. I looked for my question in the internet but I counldn't any answer. I can't understand. Because It was a little complicated.

My question : I can't run a simple qt quick ui app. Debuger says to me : qmlscene: failed to check version of file

What's wrong?

My code is :

import QtQuick 2.1

Rectangle {
    width: 360
        height: 360
        color: "#D8D8D8"
        MouseArea {
            anchors.fill: parent
            onClicked: {
                Qt.quit();
            }
        }
        Text {
            anchors.centerIn: parent
            text: "Hello World"
        }
    }

• Moderators

Hi @gurolcay
    Do you have different versions of Qt installed ?

• @p3c0 Hi

I don't have.

I have Qt Creator 3.4.1 (open source). Based on Qt 5.4.2(MSVC 2013, 32 bit)

• Moderators

@gurolcay After running this app from QtCreator, in the Application Output" window, what does it show ? is the path for qmlscene match to that where you have installed Qt ?

• @p3c0
    when I run my code, in the application output window appear this message:

Starting C:\Qt\5.4\mingw491_32\bin\qmlscene.exe...
    qmlscene: failed to check version of file 'C:/Users/MehmetG?rol/Development/yavhehe2/yavhehe2.qml', could not open...
    C:\Qt\5.4\mingw491_32\bin\qmlscene.exe exited with code 0

• Moderators

@gurolcay It seems it is not able to read that path. I notice some special characters in it MehmetG?rol
    Can you try creating another folder without those special characters and keeping that file in it and the run it ?

• @p3c0

OoO! It worked. I change my directory. I can't change current folder name. Because Windows gets my user name because of my e-mail adress.(.) Thank you so much!

But I have a questions. Why doesn't support creator UTF-8? C:/Users/MehmetGürol this is correct path. I have to change directoryC:\. I hope I was able to explain my question.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.