Devices.xml missing

• Hello,

On a 64-bit windows 7 pc I have just installed Qt4.7.3 with the ambition of running something on my N8. Installation went smoothly and in the simulator, I am able to run the batteryIndicator tutorial.
    But when I install it on my device, I am getting an "error update" warning . The icon for that batteryIndicator is there but the screen remains black when launched.

I installed the sis files for qt, mobility, trk, and webkit, and I think there are on my device.

in Creator 2.1, tools / options /qt4 / S60 SDKs shows the following error message:

The file 'devices.xml' containing the device SDK configuration could not be found looking at the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symbian\EPOC SDKs\CommonPath or the common program data directories.

I don't know what to do about that issue.

Thanks for any clue in that respect

• Moderators

Ignore it. The devices.xml file is a piece of legacy from pre-Qt SDK times. In fact the configuration page you mention is completely removed from Qt Creator now.

• Thanks for the answer. I can scratch that reason for my program unable to run the device!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.