Expected ',' or '...' before 'protected' error!

• Hello guys, :-)

I'm creating an OpenGL simulation for my simulation program. I included the header files from my simulation in my Qt program. I got this error while trying to compile.

the whole class I'm using is as follows:

@
    class LowPassGaussian
    {
    double currValue;
    const gsl_rng_type *T;
    gsl_rng r;
    public:
    LowPassGaussian();
    bool lowPassGaussianStep(double &signal, double cutoff_freq, double amplitude, double sampling_rate);
    bool lowPassGaussianStep(const vector<double
    > &signals, double cutoff_freq, double amplitude, double sampling_rate); //error occurs here at the vector part
    };
    @

Note: I have "using namespace std" at the beginning of the file. And I tried adding std:: to the vector definion but no use!!!

This program is compiling on Linux g++ with no problems, but on windows with MinGW and QT it doesn't compile.

Could you guys please help? I don't really know how to start with this! I tried everything I know!!!

Thank you :-)

• I'm sorry, I don't mean the same program compiles on Linux. I mean the header files I'm using compile on Linux. The same problems occur on linux when compiling through Qt.

• Please use "@" tags around code blocks. What line caused the compile error?

• Could you please post the error you're getting, and the complete file where the LowPassGaussian lies?
    As several people usually say, the crystal ball doesn't always works.

Also : please use @ tags to have a proper rendering of the C++ code, and it's Qt not QT.

• This is my first time in this forum. I'm sorry I didn't know about the "@" thingy. Thank you for fixing my code.

The line that caused the error is the line that contains a function with first parameter vector<double*>. The line is marked with a comment at the end of it.

@
    #include <string>
    #include <vector>
    #include <gsl/gsl_errno.h>
    #include <gsl/gsl_fft_real.h>
    #include <gsl/gsl_randist.h>
    #include <gsl/gsl_math.h>
    #include "../libsrc/Exception_sam_base.h"
    #include "../libsrc/ToString.h"

using namespace std;

class HighPass
    {
    double prevOutput, prevInput, currInput, currOutput;
    public:
    HighPass();
    void highPassStep(double &input, double &output, double time_const);
    void highPassRandomStep(double &signal, double time_const, double amplitude);
    };

class LowPassGaussian
    {
    double currValue;
    const gsl_rng_type *T;
    gsl_rng r;
    public:
    LowPassGaussian();
    bool lowPassGaussianStep(double &signal, double cutoff_freq, double amplitude, double sampling_rate);
    bool lowPassGaussianStep(const vector<double
    > &signals, double cutoff_freq, double amplitude, double sampling_rate); //error here
    };
    @

The file is big and contains other classes. I posted here everything and removed the other classes. I hope this suffices

Thank you in advance!

• is this file a Qt File?
    Does it include soem Qt headers in some way?

I ask as signals is a pre processor define in Qt!

signals is defines in <QtPath>\src\corelib\kernel\qobjectdefs.h

@
    #ifndef Q_MOC_RUN

if defined(QT_NO_KEYWORDS)

define QT_NO_EMIT

else

define slots

define signals protected // this leads to problems in your code

endif

define Q_SLOTS

define Q_SIGNALS protected

define Q_PRIVATE_SLOT(d, signature)

define Q_EMIT

ifndef QT_NO_EMIT

define emit

endif

@

• I got it guys! the word "signals" is reserved in Qt!! that's it!! I changed it and everything went fine! :D

OMG!! this is very embarrassing :$

Thanks for you efforts guys! :D

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.