[SOLVED] Qt debugger doesn't seem to work anymore

• I'm hoping somebody call help me troubleshoot.
    I'm using Qt Creator 3.1.2 / Qt 5.3.1 on Windows 8.1 (64bit) and MSVC2012 for the compiler.

I'll set a breakpoint in code, and run in debug mode. The breakpoint triggers and I get into the code and can see the call stack. But then any attempt to step into it, and nothing happens.. Now and again if I wait 30-45 seconds, it'll actually start stepping through, but often when that does work I can't seem to watch the value of any variables.. More often than not, it just sits there until I force-quit (by choosing Debug->Abort Debugging). This situation has rendered the debugger completely useless.

I have to believe it's supposed to work and be pretty quick too.

What might I look at first to try to troubleshoot? I have already tried full clean/rebuild and reboot. The problem persists.

Thanks!

• So while I didn't figure out why, I did resolve the problem by restoring my development VM to a snapshot I made right after initially installing Qt.. Now things work again as expected.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.