Maintenance Tool reports corrupted installation

• I have Qt 5.4 on Windows 7(sp1), which was updated from an earlier installation of Qt5.0.
    When I start MaintenanceTool.exe I get an error dialog saying:
    Your installation seems to be corrupted. Please consider re-installing from scratch.

When I hit ok the maintenance tool opens up and appears to work correctly.
    Qt Creator starts and seems to be working as well.
    Just wondering if there is a repair tool to fix whatever is wrong, or log files I can inspect to see if this is fixable, or should I follow the suggestion given and re-install?

Here's what I have found so far...

D:> MaintenanceTool.exe -v

D:> IFW Version: "2.0.1"
    Build date: "May 12 2015"
    Installer Framework SHA1: "ad18fee"
    [0] Language: en-US
    [0] Arguments:  MaintenanceTool.exe, -v
    [1437] Critical: Operations missing for installed packages ("qt.511.win32_msvc2012", "qt.511.android
    _armv7", "qt.511.win32_mingw48", "qt.511.win32_msvc2010", "qt.511.win64_msvc2012_64_opengl", "qt.511
    .win32_msvc2010_opengl", "qt.511.win64_msvc2012_64", "qt.511")
    [1439] Critical: Orphaned operations ()
    [1439] created critical message box Corrupt_Installation_Error: 'Corrupt installation', Your install
    ation seems to be corrupted. Please consider re-installing from scratch.

Thanx
    Les.

• Moderators

Hi @LesF,

It looks like nobody here knows how to answer your question. I suggest asking at the Interest mailing list (you need to subscribe first), to reach the Qt engineers.

• Hi, I've encountered the same problem. I'm also running Qt on Windows 7(sp1) professional.

As described above: when I start MaintenanceTool.exe I get an error dialog saying:
    "Your installation seems to be corrupted. Please consider re-installing from scratch."

A few days later, the MaintenanceTool.exe would not start at all. So I can not uninstall Qt. . .

The following solution will let you start MaintenanceTool.exe and let you uninstall Qt.
    Go to your Qt Folder on C:/Qt
    See if you can find a file called "MaintenanceTool.dat"
    -> In my case, I could not find it, and it appeared to be named as "MaintenanceTool.dat.New".
    Rename the "MaintenanceTool.dat.New" file to -> "MaintenanceTool.dat"
    Try relaunching MaintenanceTool.exe (It should start now)
    Select the "Uninstall Only" box, then press "Next", then press "Uninstall".

If you need, Re-install Qt by downloading a fresh version from the Qt website.

Hope this helps. Nick D.

• I've also started getting the infamous "your installation seems to be corrupted" message after installing Qt 5.10.0. Other than resorting to a complete reinstall, does anyone know how to fix this?

• administrators

Hi @rmam
    Looks like there could be several reasons for this. I would suggest searching bugreports (https://bugreports.qt.io/) and see if something there matches your situation.

And in case you have run into something new, please open a bug there.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.