[SOLVED] Can't create a QStandardItem of a C defined struct

• Hi all,
    I'm a newby to Qt. I'm trying to learn and use QStandardItem together with my old code.
    The old code is in C, hence contains structs instead of classes.
    I want to present the data from the struct in a QTableView using QStandardItemModel but when I loop through and try to create each item and add to the model the compiler says "no matching function for call to 'QStandardItem::QStandardItem(mystruct&)'

So what am I missing to create an item?

• Hi,

could you post the code where you get this error?
    The idea behind QStandardItemModel is to create a QStandardItem for each field of your struct and add a row to the model with QStandardItemModel::insertRow()

For instance:

mystruct data[ARRAY_SIZE];

for (const mystruct& item: data) {
        QList<QStandardItem> row;

row.append(QStandardItem(item.field1));
        row.append(QStandardItem(item.fieldn));

model->addRow(row);
    }

You have to manually convert your fields is Strings

• @mcosta Hi
    OK, so there is no way to create an item from a struct, without separating the struct into field data per item!? Like in your code sample

Below is the struct, slightly modified an reduced in size. I want to use a combobox to select index and present elements in the tableview to be edited.
    The elementnames are specified, like 50 of them in a separate ini file, so they arre filled into a delegate combobox as in QSpinBox example to select from into the cell
    The limits are equally presented and limited to input type and size

struct data {
    int index; /* index to display /
    int group; /
    group index 1=> 3 with 4 dataelements in each group ... /
    struct elements {
    int elemno; /
    elementnumber, 1- 5 /
    char elemname[8]; /
    its name /
    float limit 1; /
    low limit /
    float limit 2; /
    upper limit */
    } elem [5];
    };

• @andsun said:

OK, so there is no way to create an item from a struct, without separating the struct into field data per item!?

QStandardItemModel is for simple models; if you want to use complex models you have to subclass QAbstractItemModel

• Hmm OK,

Think I get it.
    What you say is I have to create my own class inherrited from QAbstractItemModel
    And in the class implementation modify to my usage

OK, I'll give it a try and see where it leads me.

Thanks for the reply, hope its the answer to my problem.
    Close the thread for now... somehow

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.