Code folding short cut doesn't work

• I do most of my development on a Linux platform (RHEL or Ubuntu). I have found that I can't get the code folding keyboard shortcut to work. This is ctrl+< by default, I believe. When I add a shortcut for fold/unfold all, this works fine. I would really like the code folding shortcut to work. Any ideas on how to get this going?

• Moderators

Which program (and version) are you using to edit your code? There are so many editors available;-)

• Qt Creator 2.0

• [quote author="dusktreader" date="1281740873"]This is ctrl+< by default, I believe.[/quote]
    QtCreator 1.3.1 WindowsXP, it work with Ctrl+Shift+<

• [quote author="SABROG" date="1281980827"][quote author="dusktreader" date="1281740873"]This is ctrl+&lt; by default, I believe.[/quote]
    QtCreator 1.3.1 WindowsXP, it work with Ctrl+Shift+<[/quote]

Much Love! This worked. It's kind of frustrating, however, because in the keyboard shortcuts it is listed as Ctrl+<.

Thank you!

• Moderators

Could you please file a bug report about the keybinding being wrong?

Our bugtracker is "here":http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/.

Thank you!

• [quote author="dusktreader" date="1281740873"]
    It's kind of frustrating, however, because in the keyboard shortcuts it is listed as Ctrl+<.
    Thank you![/quote]
    It's because button on keyboard can have few characters. For example Ctr+, (go to bookmark)
    , but this same button have "<" character, and for printing it we must press Shift before.

• [quote author="SABROG" date="1282121064"][quote author="dusktreader" date="1281740873"]
    It&#39;s kind of frustrating, however, because in the keyboard shortcuts it is listed as Ctrl+&lt;.
    Thank you![/quote]
    It's because button on keyboard can have few characters. For example Ctr+, (go to bookmark)
    , but this same button have "<" character, and for printing it we must press Shift before.

[/quote]

[facepalm]duh[/facepalm]

I can't believe I missed this. Thank you for enlightening me.

• Moderators

Please do not report this as a bug then;-)

• I will not heap more scorn upon myself by posting this as a bug. However, it seems that the short-cut should read ctrl+shift+, as that is a much clearer specification of the short-cut.

• Moderators

I think the problem is that some keyboards have < as Shift-. and others have the symbol accessible without shift.

• Ah....fair enough!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.