[Solved] Modulo operator %

• Hi

Following sample from standard C:
    where for instance a = 1234 (value) and b = 10000000 (scaling factor)
    printf("value: %d.%6.6d\n", ( a / b ), ( a % b ));
    would return: value: 0.001234

I now tried to do something similar in Qt:

ui->Label->setText(tr("value: %1.%2")
    .arg(data.section(' ', 7, 7).toUInt(&ok, 10) / data.section(' ', 8, 8).toUInt(&ok, 10))
    .arg(data.section(' ', 7, 7).toUInt(&ok, 10) % data.section(' ', 8, 8).toUInt(&ok, 10), 7));

which leads me to
    value: 0. 1234
    and I can not manage to have it filled with '0' instead of ' '.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

• Moderators

@McLion
    One way I can think off is using the QTextStream::setPadChar. You have to write to a string there.
    Personally I would prefer using std::ostringstream, but basically do the same.

• Moderators

I might be missing something but why not just do this?

QString::number((double)a/b, 'f', 6);

Btw. 1234/10000000 is 0.0001234 not 0.001234 so your padding in the first example is flawed.

• Thank you guys.
    I got it solved. I extended the .arg() with the padding which in the first place did not work because I forgot the QChar casting. Here's how it works:

ui->label->setText(tr("BER: %1.%2")
    .arg(data.section(' ', 7, 7).toUInt(&ok, 10) / data.section(' ', 8, 8).toUInt(&ok, 10))
    .arg(data.section(' ', 7, 7).toUInt(&ok, 10) % data.section(' ', 8, 8).toUInt(&ok, 10), 6, 10, QChar('0')));

@Chris-Kawa:
    You're right. 6 is correct ... typo.

btw: I still could not figure how to mark as code in the new forum ..

• Moderators

@McLion To post code surround it with backticks i.e. ```your code here``` for a code block or `your code` for inline code.

• Thanks.
    I tried with the forward and the straight tick but missed to try with the backward.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.