Virus warning from Symantec

• So I've built a desktop application for a Windows platform (mingw compiler), and when I try to install it, Symantec Endpoint Protection flags a virus threat of "Suspicious.Cloud.5". I've actually got a package of a couple dozen apps, and it flags 3 of them, although I can't see anything obviously common to them. There's no 3rd party software involved. I just ported from Qt4.8 to 5.4, and that's when this started.

Any clues?
    Thanks.

• Moderators

Hi @bday1223, and welcome to the Qt Dev Net!

I've actually got a package of a couple dozen apps, and it flags 3 of them, although I can't see anything obviously common to them. There's no 3rd party software involved. I just ported from Qt4.8 to 5.4, and that's when this started.

It looks like your antivirus is detecting false positives. Report this to Symantec.

• It looks that way. I've traced it to some .png files that I was using for splash screens and icons. Changing the file formats to .jpg eliminated the false positives.

Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.