How do I configure Linux Qt 5.4.1 for Windows target?

• I downloaded and installed Qt 5.4.1 (Community) on my Linux Mint 16 Computer. Tried an example which worked correctly.

Then I wanted to configure it to cross compile for the Win32 platform. I have not been able to figure out how to get that to work.

I attempted to download the MinGW compiler following instructions I found at: How do I configure Qt for cross-compilation from Linux to Windows target? I used MXE at: http://mxe.cc/ but the version was different from the documentation on either site (I think). Qt did not find the compiler, so I tried to configure it manually, but have no idea how to finish that.

I don't know the path to the MinGW compiler, what the executable filename is, or if that got installed correctly, or if I need it.

I have looked at numerous other posts about configuring Qt kits, but nothing makes sense or matches what I have.

How can I configure it for a target platform of 32-bit Windows?

My computer is a Gateway 64-bit machine with a quad core Intel processor and my Linux Mint 16 is the 32-bit version.

Thanks

• Moderators

For Windows binaries, it's best to compile on Windows directly - much less hassle.

You do need the MinGW compiler, and you need to know the path to it. Then you need to cross-compile Qt itself using that compiler. You need a clean copy of Qt source code (not from Qt Maintenance Tool!)..

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.