Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Wanted: Desktop Qt Interface Engineer (San Francisco)
Mirror last edited by Mirror
Mirror is a smart contracts platform. We are leveraging blockchain technology to provide hedging and risk management tools that are more accessible, affordable, and globally available than their contemporary counterparts, and with minimized counterparty and clearing risk. Our vision is to realize the promise of the Bitcoin blockchain as a global, decentralized, cryptographically-assured fiduciary system. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are making peer-to-peer contracts, available to everyone everywhere.
We are looking for expert Qt interface engineers to help us develop high-quality cross-platform native apps that dynamically educate, instruct, and please users as they explore and interact with them.
Ideal Experience and Capabilities
- Expertise building high-quality cross-platform Qt apps. Experience with Qt, QML, Qt-Quick, etc. Experience with Go bindings to QT especially useful (go-qml).
- Strong academic background in UI, UX, HCI, information architecture, information visualization, related specialities, or equivalent experience. Explorability, discoverability, and munge-ability of data will be a critical component of the user experience.
- Experience organizing, maintaining, and shipping open source client app codebases to large public or corporate user bases. Experience building, shipping, and maintaining financial apps that handle peoples' money is especially valued.
- Ability to communicate, educate, and instruct others outside your field of expertise. Ability to reduce complex concepts to their essence and clearly explain them, both verbally and in writing.
- Effectiveness in an unstructured startup environment in a nascent high-risk/high-return industry. We are working hard to ensure not only our own success, but Bitcoin's as well.
- Knowledge, experience, or interest in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, fintech, and/or related areas (nice but not required).
- Own the code and architecture of our desktop client app.
- Work with the our Product Designer to incorporate state-of-the-art design thinking into our user experience, and specify and implement functional and aesthetic requirements for the client.
- Continually refactor, iterate, and refine the user experience. Implement empirical user-feedback mechanisms to inform and guide this process.
- Collaborate with our Product Designer, Engineering, and BusDev teams in a holistic, cross-functional design.
- Help improve our software delivery processes, build and testing systems, quality control, customer feedback mechanisms, etc.
- Properly comment and document all work, using our project management systems as necessary.
- Provide weekly written updates to project leader/s for the components you own.
- Participate in scheduled meetings and standups.
- Work at the forefront of an emerging field helping define the future of law and finance.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity at an early-stage, venture backed company.
- Health insurance covering medical, dental, and vision, including partner and dependents.
- Any education and training assistance necessary to augment your skills and help us execute.
- Relocation assistance as necessary. No remote work possible except for truly exceptional candidates.
- 15” MacBook Pro, 27” Thunderbolt Display with your preferred input devices, or *nix equivalents.
- Health club/gym membership reimbursement.
- Commuter reimbursement.
Please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/mirror/6297ad3d-fcd6-4f6e-9151-366a63e11815
Additional information: https://angel.co/mirror
Mirror provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Mirror complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.