Webcamoid, a full featured webcam app
Hi guys! This time, I want to present Webcamoid, that is an app for managing a webcam unique in its field.
Some of its features are:
- Cross-platform (GNU/Linux, Windows)
- Take pictures and record videos with the webcam.
- Manages multiple webcams.
- Written in C++/Qt.
- Custom controls for each webcam.
- Add funny effects to the webcam.
- +60 effects available.
- Translated to many languages.
- Use custom network and local files as capture devices.
- Capture from desktop.
- Many recording formats.
- Virtual webcam support for feeding other programs.
- Android port.
- Add support for scripted plugins.
- New and customizable UI.
- Add social sharing features.
- Add network broadcast support.
- Temporized photo shot.
- Add support for compressed webcam streams.
Build & Install
Visit the wiki for a comprehensive compile and install instructions.
Looks pretty nice ! Thanks for sharing !
Are you also planning an iOS port ?
Are you also planning an iOS port ?
No by the moment, the new Apple Developer Agreement is too much restrictive.
Hi, i want to inform that Webcamoid 7.0.0 has been released. This is the ChangeLog:
- Wine/Windows port finally working! EXPERIMENTAL!
- Reworked recording options. More user friendly.
- Removed unnecessary dependencies.
- Many effects reworked and bugfixed.
- Added GStreamer support, EXPERIMENTAL!
- Fixed SEGFAULT when switching the effects.
- Added virtual camera support (GNU/Linux only).
- Added command line options for controlling plugins search.
You can download the latest source code and Windows builds from here.
Binary packages for GNU/Linux can be downloaded from here
For Arch Linux you can install webcamoid or webcamoid-git from AUR.
For build instructions look at the wiki page.
Released 7.2.0 version.
- Fixed problems when recording.
- Added timer and flash when taking photos.
- Better virtual camera management.
- Added Virtual camera support for Windows.
- Added GIF recording support (FFmpeg only).
- Improved webcam format selection.
- UI improvements.
- Included QtQuick software renderer in intallation (Windows).
- Added play on start option.
- Added C++11 support for Clang build.
Released Webcamoid 8.0.0!
- Added support for Mac and FreeBSD (virtual camera is not supported yet).
- Added new masks to the FaceDetect plugin.
- Now is possible to Switch between FFmpeg and GStreamer on runtime.
- Added support for ALSA, OSS, JACK and QAudio.
- Added support for libuvc.
- Now is possible to select the desired input and output device, and configure playback and capture formats.
- More translations updates.
- Added options for configuring plugins search paths and blacklist in GUI.
- Added options for configuring the desired frameworks and libraries.
- Added formats and codecs config in recording options.
- FFmpeg >= 2.8 required.
- Added support for MSVC2013 and MSVC2015 build.
- Added option for configure FPS in DesktopCapture plugin.
- Added updates options.
- AppImage support.
@SGaist well, at the end I ported it to Mac at least. Must see what options I have for iOS but that will come most probably after Android port.
Released Webcamoid 8.1.0!
- Improved startup time.
- Deadlock when audio recording is enabled my be solved now. Audio recording enabled by default again.
- Added Syphon support for Mac.
- Added AVFoundation support for desktop capture in Mac.
- Binany packages size shrinked.
- Hopefully, fixed many segfaults in many platforms.
Released Webcamoid 8.5.0!
- UI ported to QtQuick Controls 2.
- Reworked virtual camera for GNU/Linux, Mac and Windows.
- Qt 5.9.0 as minimum requirement.
- Faster build and smaller binaries.
- Added build info.
- Fixed crash and many other bugs in FreeBSD.
- Added support for Microsoft Media Foundation capture.
- Fixed shadow build.
- Added support for FFmpeg 4.0.
- Fixed bug when reading/setting webcam controls.
- Added support for akvcam, default in-house virtual camera solution for GNU/Linux.
- Fixed rendering problems in Mac.
- Added support for FreeBSD in deploy scripts.
- Fixed many bugs when recording audio and video.
- Default recording video bitrate is now 1.5Mbps.
- Fixed audio support in Windows.
- Removed 'su' and 'sudo' as root method when installing the virtual camera in GNU/Linux.
- Removed Syphon support for Mac.
- Improved translations.
ghulam abbas Banned
This post is deleted!
Released Webcamoid 8.6.0!
- Now webcam settings are saved.
- Enabled secondary plugins, and fixed segfaults and memleaks in GStreamer.
- Fixed segfaults and memory leaks in MacOS.
- Fixed GIF playback in FFmpeg.
- Build now support MSYS2.
- Added FreeBSD CI support in Cirrus CI.
- Added static analysis with Codacy.
- Added daily builds with Bintray.
- Disabled hotplug support for FreeBSD.
- Fixed manpage install.
- Install paths now follow Qt install paths structure.
Released Webcamoid 8.6.1!
- AppImage now properly show the icon.
- Fix install Qml paths for Mac bundle.
- Use correct subdir for manpage.
- Fixed Windows installer.
- Now you can create an Android APK (yes, it works, but no, it does not properly support Android yet).