[SOLVED] Qt Creator Compiler 64bit and 32bit

• Hello guys

I just downlaoded Qt 5.4. I want to use Vc2013 compiler x64 to make 64-bit programs and use MinGw to make 32-bit programs in same Qt Creator. How can I make this?

I downloaded thoso exes;

• qt-opensource-windows-x86-mingw491_opengl-5.4.0.exe
    • qt-opensource-windows-x86-msvc2013_64-5.4.0.exe

• Moderators

In the maintenance tool you should be able to install the different packages.
    Respectively you can do that throuh the online installer.

• [quote author="koahnig" date="1424113614"]In the maintenance tool you should be able to install the different packages.
    Respectively you can do that throuh the online installer.
    [/quote]

Thats a good idea. But I couldn't do that.
    I added "user defined repositories" D:/Programs/Qt/Qt5.4.0 (Qt location). I selected Update Components and I clicked Next button. I got the following error;

Network error while downloading target
    'C:/User/Kerem/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.Kp1476'. Error: Error opening D:/Programs/Qt/Qt5.4.0/Updates.xml: No such file or directory.

What should I do?

• Moderators

[quote author="kingsta" date="1424318025"]
    I added "user defined repositories" D:/Programs/Qt/Qt5.4.0 (Qt location). I selected Update Components and I clicked Next button. I got the following error;

'C:/User/Kerem/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.Kp1476'. Error: Error opening D:/Programs/Qt/Qt5.4.0/Updates.xml: No such file or directory.

What should I do?[/quote]When you select a repository, you are telling the Maintenance Tool, "Please download files from this location". You are not telling it, "Please install files to this location".

You should:

Get the Online installer: http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/ (if you haven't yet)

Install the installer to a central place (like D:\Programs\Qt\Online) (if you haven't yet)

Select the packages you want to download

After that, the packages will automatically be installed into subdirectories inside D:\Programs\Qt\Online

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1424323279"][quote author="kingsta" date="1424318025"]

What should I do?[/quote]When you select a repository, you are telling the Maintenance Tool, "Please download files from this location". You are not telling it, "Please install files to this location".

You should:

Get the Online installer: http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/ (if you haven't yet)

Install the installer to a central place (like D:\Programs\Qt\Online) (if you haven't yet)

Select the packages you want to download

After that, the packages will automatically be installed into subdirectories inside D:\Programs\Qt\Online[/quote]

I downloaded MinGw 4.91 and MinGw 4.82. In Qt Creator Tools -> Options -> Compilers, I see MinGw 4.91 32bit and MinGw 4.82 32bit. In Kits section, I added a new Kit. There are no MinGw 4.91 32bit and MinGw 4.82 32bit Compilers in Combo Box. How can I add this compilers?

!http://keremerdem.net/dosyalar/diger/qt1.jpg(qt1)!
    !http://keremerdem.net/dosyalar/diger/qt2.jpg(qt2)!

• Moderators

Hi,

You installed the Qt libraries for MinGW, but you didn't install the MinGW compiler.

Run MaintenanceTool.exe and select Package Manager -> Tools -> MinGW 4.9.1

• koahnig and JKSH thanks a lot! Problem fixed with help.

I write some hint for someone who have this problem.

I copy files that downloaded by online-installer to my qt location.
    Now my Qt folder;
    D:\Programs\Qt\Qt5.4.0\5.4 folder has mingw491_32, msvc2013_64 folders (and Src)
    D:\Programs\Qt\Qt5.4.0\Tools folder has mingw491_32, mingw482_32 folders (and QtCreator)

Before add a Kit, You must control Compilers and Qt Versions. You must select suitable compiler for kit.

My Qt Versions;

• mingw491_32
      qmake location: D:\Programs\Qt\Qt5.4.0\5.4\mingw491_32\bin\qmake.exe
    • msvc2013_64
      qmake location: D:\Programs\Qt\Qt5.4.0\5.4\msvc2013_64\bin\qmake.exe

Compilers(MinGW 4.9.1 32Bit and MinGW 4.8.2 32Bit) can see in the Build&Run -> Compilers window.

Then you add kits that you want.

Have a good work.
    Kolay gelsin.

• Moderators

Did you open the correct copy of Qt Creator?

Uninstall other copies, and only keep the one that came with the Online installer.

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1424477793"]Did you open the correct copy of Qt Creator?

Uninstall other copies, and only keep the one that came with the Online installer.[/quote]

I fixed issue that you see just now. I edited my text.

Thanks a lot

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.