Using QSqlQueryModel in QML without reimplement it [Solved]

• Hi all,
    I'm starting with QML and I'm trying with a simple "example":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/How_to_use_a_QSqlQueryModel_in_QML.

Now I'd like to know if it's possible to use QSqlQueryModel without the need of subclass it.

• Yes, you can use QSqlQueryModel directly, but note that you can only access the first column of data.

• My qml file is:
    @
    import QtQuick 1.0
    import Qt 4.7

Rectangle {
    color: "lightblue"
    Component {
    id: name_delegate
    Text {
    text: "ciao"
    }
    }

ListView {
        clip: true
        anchors.margins: 10
        anchors.fill: parent
        model: queryModel
        delegate: name_delegate
    }

}
    @

in my main window constructor I have:
    @
    MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
    QMainWindow(parent),
    ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
    ui->setupUi(this);

QSqlQueryModel *queryModel;
    queryModel = new QSqlQueryModel(this);
    queryModel->setQuery("select descrizione from lista_dati;");

m_declarativeView = new QDeclarativeView(this);
    m_declarativeView->rootContext()->setContextProperty("queryModel", queryModel);
    setCentralWidget(m_declarativeView);
    m_declarativeView->setSource(QString("qrc:rappresentazionegraficamagazzino.qml"));
    m_declarativeView->setResizeMode(QDeclarativeView::SizeRootObjectToView);

}
    @

How can I access the query column?

• No one can explain how to access QSqlQueryModel directly?

For me it's also usefull to have some documentation about...

• As Andre said you can access only first column of data. To access all columns you need to subclass it and make all columns visible at first column via different roles.

• Then again, his query only returns a single column of data anyway, so that should not be a huge issue.

It seems to me at first sight, that what you are doing is correct. Perhaps "this page":http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7.1/qdeclarativemodels.html#qabstractitemmodel in the documentation is of help: you need to use the role names. The default role name for the DisplayRole is display.

• [quote author="Andre" date="1302851464"]The default role name for the DisplayRole is display. [/quote]

Thanks Andre. I needed this. Now It works.

Where should I find the role name you posted me in the documentation?

• [quote author="Luca" date="1302950174"][quote author="Andre" date="1302851464"]The default role name for the DisplayRole is display. [/quote]

Thanks Andre. I needed this. Now It works.

Where should I find the role name you posted me in the documentation?[/quote]

I found it in the link you posted...

• Hi Luca, Andre someone may update the link that talks about role names? I'm facin the same problem.
    thanks

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.