Qt 4.6.4 make fails on Solaris 10 Sparc 64

• I downloaded qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4 on a Sun Blade 2500 running Solaris 10U11, 64 bit Sparc. ./configure completed, though with warnings. I then ran gmake. Here's the tail:

"../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/StringObject.h", line 56: Warning: QTJSC::StringObject::deleteProperty hides the virtual function QTJSC::JSObject::deleteProperty(QTJSC::ExecState*, unsigned, bool).
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/StringPrototype.h", line 39: Warning: QTJSC::StringPrototype::getOwnPropertySlot hides the virtual function QTJSC::StringObject::getOwnPropertySlot(QTJSC::ExecState*, unsigned, QTJSC::PropertySlot&).
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSGlobalObject.h", line 293: Warning: QTJSC::JSGlobalObject::getOwnPropertySlot hides the virtual function QTJSC::JSObject::getOwnPropertySlot(QTJSC::ExecState*, unsigned, QTJSC::PropertySlot&).
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSGlobalObject.h", line 293: Warning: QTJSC::JSGlobalObject::put hides the virtual function QTJSC::JSObject::put(QTJSC::ExecState*, unsigned, QTJSC::JSValue).
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/wtf/RefPtr.h", line 51: Error: The function "derefIfNotNull" must have a prototype.
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/wtf/RefPtr.h", line 51: Error: The function "derefIfNotNull" must have a prototype.
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/bytecompiler/LabelScope.h", line 44: Where: While instantiating "QTWTF::RefPtrQTJSC::Label::~RefPtr()".
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/bytecompiler/LabelScope.h", line 44: Where: Instantiated from non-template code.
    2 Error(s) and 18 Warning(s) detected.
    Makefile:8946: recipe for target 'obj/release/BytecodeGenerator.o' failed
    gmake[1]: *** [obj/release/BytecodeGenerator.o] Error 2
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/src/script'
    Makefile:637: recipe for target 'sub-script-make_default-ordered' failed
    gmake: *** [sub-script-make_default-ordered] Error 2

I then tried gmake install anyway. That copied a bunch of files and ended with this:

"../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/StringObject.h", line 56: Warning: QTJSC::StringObject::deleteProperty hides the virtual function QTJSC::JSObject::deleteProperty(QTJSC::ExecState*, unsigned, bool).
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/StringPrototype.h", line 39: Warning: QTJSC::StringPrototype::getOwnPropertySlot hides the virtual function QTJSC::StringObject::getOwnPropertySlot(QTJSC::ExecState*, unsigned, QTJSC::PropertySlot&).
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSGlobalObject.h", line 293: Warning: QTJSC::JSGlobalObject::getOwnPropertySlot hides the virtual function QTJSC::JSObject::getOwnPropertySlot(QTJSC::ExecState*, unsigned, QTJSC::PropertySlot&).
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSGlobalObject.h", line 293: Warning: QTJSC::JSGlobalObject::put hides the virtual function QTJSC::JSObject::put(QTJSC::ExecState*, unsigned, QTJSC::JSValue).
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/bytecompiler/LabelScope.h", line 44: Where: While instantiating "QTWTF::RefPtrQTJSC::Label::~RefPtr()".
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/bytecompiler/LabelScope.h", line 44: Where: Instantiated from non-template code.
    2 Error(s) and 18 Warning(s) detected.
    Makefile:8946: recipe for target 'obj/release/BytecodeGenerator.o' failed
    gmake[1]: *** [obj/release/BytecodeGenerator.o] Error 2
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/src/script'
    Makefile:657: recipe for target 'sub-script-install_subtargets-ordered' failed
    gmake: *** [sub-script-install_subtargets-ordered] Error 2

This is my compiler:

gcc -v

Reading specs from /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/4.9.2/specs
    COLLECT_GCC=gcc
    COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/opt/csw/libexec/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/4.9.2/lto-wrapper
    Target: sparc-sun-solaris2.10
    Configured with: /home/dam/mgar/pkg/gcc4/trunk/work/solaris10-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8plus/gcc-4.9.2/configure --prefix=/opt/csw --exec_prefix=/opt/csw --bindir=/opt/csw/bin --sbindir=/opt/csw/sbin --libexecdir=/opt/csw/libexec --datadir=/opt/csw/share --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/csw --sharedstatedir=/opt/csw/share --localstatedir=/var/opt/csw --libdir=/opt/csw/lib --infodir=/opt/csw/share/info --includedir=/opt/csw/include --mandir=/opt/csw/share/man --enable-cloog-backend=isl --enable-java-awt=xlib --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,go,java,objc --enable-libada --enable-libssp --enable-nls --enable-objc-gc --enable-threads=posix --program-suffix=-4.9 --with-cloog=/opt/csw --with-gmp=/opt/csw --with-included-gettext --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --without-gnu-ld --with-libiconv-prefix=/opt/csw --with-mpfr=/opt/csw --with-ppl=/opt/csw --with-system-zlib=/opt/csw --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --without-gnu-as
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 4.9.2 (GCC)

What's wrong here? Any help would be most appreciated.

• I always hate answering my own posts but I have an update. Apparently, configure was trying to use Solaris Studio 12 CC.

So I did a make confclean and then

CC=g++ ./configure

which seemed to be going along a lot better until the very end when I got this:

In file included from /opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/src/corelib/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp:42:0:
    /opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/mkspecs/solaris-cc/qplatformdefs.h:46:0: warning: "_XOPEN_SOURCE" redefined
    #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500
    ^
    <built-in>: note: this is the location of the previous definition
    In file included from /opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/src/corelib/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp:42:0:
    /opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/mkspecs/solaris-cc/qplatformdefs.h:47:0: warning: "EXTENSIONS" redefined
    #define EXTENSIONS
    ^
    <built-in>: note: this is the location of the previous definition
    In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:18:0,
    from /opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/mkspecs/solaris-cc/qplatformdefs.h:53,
    from /opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/src/corelib/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp:42:
    /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/4.9.2/include-fixed/sys/feature_tests.h:346:2: error: #error "Compiler or options invalid for pre-UNIX 03 X/Open applications and pre-2001 POSIX applications"
    #error "Compiler or options invalid for pre-UNIX 03 X/Open applications
    ^
    Makefile:156: recipe for target 'qtextcodec.o' failed
    gmake: *** [qtextcodec.o] Error 1

To be clear about it:

gcc -v

Reading specs from /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/4.9.2/specs
    COLLECT_GCC=gcc
    COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/opt/csw/libexec/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/4.9.2/lto-wrapper
    Target: sparc-sun-solaris2.10
    Configured with: /home/dam/mgar/pkg/gcc4/trunk/work/solaris10-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8plus/gcc-4.9.2/configure --prefix=/opt/csw --exec_prefix=/opt/csw --bindir=/opt/csw/bin --sbindir=/opt/csw/sbin --libexecdir=/opt/csw/libexec --datadir=/opt/csw/share --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/csw --sharedstatedir=/opt/csw/share --localstatedir=/var/opt/csw --libdir=/opt/csw/lib --infodir=/opt/csw/share/info --includedir=/opt/csw/include --mandir=/opt/csw/share/man --enable-cloog-backend=isl --enable-java-awt=xlib --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,go,java,objc --enable-libada --enable-libssp --enable-nls --enable-objc-gc --enable-threads=posix --program-suffix=-4.9 --with-cloog=/opt/csw --with-gmp=/opt/csw --with-included-gettext --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --without-gnu-ld --with-libiconv-prefix=/opt/csw --with-mpfr=/opt/csw --with-ppl=/opt/csw --with-system-zlib=/opt/csw --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --without-gnu-as
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 4.9.2 (GCC)

Honest, guys, I could really use some help in getting Qt to compile on my machine.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.