QTableWidget grid lines are misaligned

• It appears that the grid lines in a QTableWidget are shifted one pixel down from the lines of the vertical header cells. I need to know how to make them line up properly.

Version: Qt 5.4 on Windows 7 x64

Repro Steps:
    -Create a new form, and place a QTableWidget on it.
    -Add a few dummy rows and columns.
    -Enable showGrid.

Look very closely where the vertical headers border the cells in the first column. The header lines are one pixel above the cell lines. I've linked a picture via Google Drive which highlights the problem.

"Table Grid Lines":https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bws5xPbHJph6ZzN2NGNwcUtOWUU/view?usp=sharing

This is something that I've noticed for a couple of years. If it's not fixable, then I'll file a bug.

Thanks.

• Moderators

i think it ever has been like this.
    This would need to be fixed in the painting code inside QStyle. But to be clear if there is maybe a reason for this you should ask this question on the "dev-mailinglist":lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/development.

• I figured I'd ask it here to see if it's the intended effect or if it's a bug, and if others have seen it, and maybe have a workaround for it.

If not, I'll try the dev list. It just seems strange that something so blatantly obvious would be there for this long. I have a hard time believing I'm the only person who noticed that the grid lines are not aligned to the header cells.

• Moderators

well, some people may see it as intended since it adds an effect like the header widgets are raised above the view's content

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.