Qt app auto-update alternatives
We want to add auto-update functionality to our app (Windows and Mac OS X).
We are considering a set of alternatives, but before going any further with any of them, we would like to know your opinion and experience.
The idea is to be able to check for an updated version and inform the user. If we can provide an install button, or an automatic install in the background, that'd be perfect.
Here you have a list of the ones we have reviewed until now:
- KDUpdater 2.3.0 (https://github.com/dbzhang800/KDUpdater) - Cross-platform
- Qt Installer Framework (http://doc.qt.io/qtinstallerframework/ifw-getting-started.html) - Cross-platform
- Sparkle (https://github.com/sparkle-project/Sparkle/wiki) - Only Mac
- WinSparkle (https://github.com/vslavik/winsparkle/wiki/Basic-Setup) - Only Windows
- Google's Omaha (http://omaha.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/OmahaOverview.html) - Only Windows
- BitRock (http://installbuilder.bitrock.com/) - Cross-platform. Commercial.
- Update-Installer (https://github.com/mendeley/Update-Installer) - Cross-platform.
Anybody with experience using any of those?
maybe "Fervor":https://github.com/pypt/fervor would fit your needs...
Thanks, looks like another alternative. I'm already integrating Sparkle/WinSparkle.
Thanks for the information!