QML UI on top of non-OpenGL widget

• Hi all,

I want to create a UI consisting of the following components:

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141211/cruvrltu.png

In the background, I want to place the visualizations: (1) an OpenGL-based visualization of a scan (already implemented successfully) and alternatively (2) a non-OpenGL visualization of 3D models. The QML UI (3) should be semi-transparent on top of it and optionally capable of fading in/out, as well as a sidebar (4) which would affect the width of the visualization when faded in/out.

It's quite easy for the OpenGL visualization, it can be placed on a QGLWidget or probably also on the new versions of it and then overlayed with the QML UI. However, I cannot do that with the non-OpenGL visualization. It is bound to a QWidget (also tried a QQuickWidget) via winId() handle and feels obliged to be always on top of everything. I can't get the QML UI to display on top.

Is there any way to achieve what I want? I have been researching almost an entire week and tried several solutions (QWidget handle, raise, createWindowContainer, QQuickWidget, ...), but nothing seems to work or I missed something.

Application must be Windows x64. I am currently on Qt 5.3.2 and VS2012, will upgrade to 5.4 today probably.

Thx i.a. and kind regards

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.