QT Creator Forces Screen Resolution Change In Red Hat

• Qt Creator 3.0.1 based on Qt 5.2.1 running on virtual machine via oVirt: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x x64; 8GB RAM; 60GB Hard Drive; 4 cores.

Whenever I run qtcreator--even from the command line to check the version--the screen resolution changes to 1920x1200. I am unable to set it back to the correct resolution so long as qtcreator is running. Attempting to do so causes a resizing loop and I end up having to power cycle my virtual machine from oVirt. This behavior is not observed in other applications, like Eclipse.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for any help.

Edit: Worth noting, when i run my qt program from the command line, the screen resolution also changes. I guess this indicates that it's a qt issue and not qt creator?

• So this is not the ideal way to correct the issue but here is my workaround:

open up the offending applications at a "safer" resolution--one much smaller than the maximum available. Start the offending applications, and you should observe no issues. Uping the resolution should then be possible without problems. I used 1024x768 as my safe resolution to get up to 1920x1080.

For multi-virtual monitor setups, you may also need to reorder the monitors in Display Preferences so that display 2 is on the left and display 1 is on the right--the opposite of default. At this point, upping both displays to the correct resolution was possible without the cycle spasms described in the original post.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.