Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Creator debugger Mac OSX 10.9

• So I have read all the threads about getting the debugger using Xcode 6 and lldb working and I'm still having issues.

When I attempt to run the debugger (both the Xcode and /usr/bin/lldb I get the following error

@dCALL: SETUP ENGINE
    dSTARTING LLDB -i /Users/jmacey/Qt5.3.2/Qt Creator.app/Contents/Resources/debugger/lldbbridge.py /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/lldb

ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Users/jmacey/Qt5.3.2/Qt Creator.app/Contents/Resources/debugger/lldbbridge.py", line 74, in <module>
    import lldb
    File "/Users/jmacey/Qt5.3.2/Qt Creator.app/Contents/Resources/debugger/lldb.py", line 128, in <module>
    Value = lldb.SBValue
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SBValue'
    @

If I attempt to change to the above directory and do the following

@
    Python 2.7.6 (v2.7.6:3a1db0d2747e, Nov 10 2013, 00:42:54)
    [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

import lldb.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    File "lldb.py", line 128, in <module>
    Value = lldb.SBValue
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SBValue'
    @

I get the same error which to me seems to be either an issue with my python install or something else. At present I'm using the default /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python however my other python versions do the same.

I really need to get this fixed asap as I have to do a lecture on debugging in Qt soon!

BTW the app will run fine in command line lldb an this is what I usually use when I need to debug.

Any help would be most appreciated

thanks

Jon