Installation problems for windows qt5.3

• I am trying to install qt5.3 for windows using the mingw compiler and have tried both the on-line and 'off-line' installation downloads. Both have given the same string of errors:

The first of these errors, in a standard windows message box, is:
    Error during installation process qt53.doc
    Error while extracting 'installer://qt.53.doc/5.3.2-0qt5_docs.7z' Could not open.
    file:( No name specified)

The second is:
    Error during installation process (qt.tools.qtcreator)
    Error while extracting 'installer://qt.tools.qtcreator/3.2.1-0qt-creator-opensource-vs2010-32.7z':could not open file
    (no file name specified)

This could be a clue as I did not want the 'Visual Studio' option.

There then follows about another five errors - all appearing in message boxes - all similar 'Error while extracting. Some are documets [.doc] and some are executables but still ending in the .7z extention.

I would post a screen shot here but could not get it to render properly on the forum.

The installation eventually hangs.

I am using Windows 7.

John T.

• [quote author="UKall" date="1416384654"]7Z is a compression format. It can be opened with 'seven zip', but not with zip or tar programs. There is a free 7-Zip program by Igor Pavlov, see www.7-zip.org.

The files should be in the path where you install the package (c:/qt/....)
    I suppose they are temporary during setup process as I dont see them after installation here.

Have you also checked wether your download might be corrupted?

[/quote]

Interesting 7zip site and software. Now:

Would you believe it: on the third time that I tried to install 5.3 all worked successfully. No Errors during install and my projects build. I did notice a windows update take place at some point so maybe that helped.

Thanks for everyone for taking the time to look into this.

I am not sure I want to mark the thread as solved yet as the problem has really just 'gone away' rather than being 'solved'.

JT

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.