How to run "Network chat client example" in QT demos ?

• Can I use the Network chat client example to chat between multiple machines?

I am launching the "Network chat client example" in multiple machine connecten over the LAN network , But I don't see the other client instance that has started. Is there any server configuration needed? Any links of the documentation will be helpful

Thanks in advance

• It should work without any specific configuration. Didn't run it but source says that it uses broadcast messages so all recipients in network should receive them.

• tried this on a few m/cs and find that those having the same qt version are able to connect with each other :) .... if the qt version was different, it wouldn't connect.. have to dig further as to why

• [quote author="anumeval" date="1281085105"]Can I use the Network chat client example to chat between multiple machines?

I am launching the "Network chat client example" in multiple machine connecten over the LAN network , But I don't see the other client instance that has started. Is there any server configuration needed? Any links of the documentation will be helpful

Thanks in advance

[/quote]

As an variant is: check firewall settings. Many firewalls by default blocks broadcast messaging.

• when I tried, all machines were on the same subnet and using the same dhcp server for all network configuration, so some other issue

• [quote author="chetankjain" date="1281140654"]when I tried, all machines were on the same subnet and using the same dhcp server for all network configuration, so some other issue[/quote]

This isn't firewall settings. Your firewall (such default windows firewall) might be blocking UDP traffic. If you using other OSes check their firewall settings

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.