Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Unable to load qodbc driver not loaded

• Hi All,

We are trying to create a DLL in C++(VS2005) using some of the Qt4.3.3 functionality(QtCore and QtSql). When i try to access this DLL from other C++ projects, its giving an error saying "Unable to load qodbc".

In Normal Qt application , we can use addLibrayPath to add the plugins related to database and image, but how can we do this in a DLL project.

Thanks & Regards,
    durgesh

• This is a core problem when you use Qt in dlls and use those dlls from non qt binaries. Some Qt functions require a Q(Core)Application instance.

You could load a plug-in "by hand". It's a bit tricky...

@
    QLibrary lib(QLatin1String("qtaccessiblewidgets4"));
    if(lib.load())
    {
    QtPluginInstanceFunction pInstanceFct = 0;
    QObject* pAccPlugin = 0;
    pInstanceFct = (QtPluginInstanceFunction)lib.resolve("qt_plugin_instance");

if(0 != pInstanceFct)
            {
                qRegisterStaticPluginInstanceFunction(pInstanceFct);
                bLoaded = true;
            }
        }

@

it should work with most plug-ins :-) They just have to be found by the path.

• @Gerolf, Since i am using Qt4.3.3, i can't find some of the keywords like "qRegisterStaticPluginInstanceFunction" etc in my version.

i just used the following in the dll function

QLibrary lib(QLatin1String("C:\Qt\4.3.3\plugins\sqldrivers\qsqlodbcd4.dll"));
    if(lib.load())
    {
    lib.resolve("qt_plugin_instance");
    }
    else
    {
    MessageBoxA(NULL,"Unable to load qodbc","Error",1);
    exit(-5);
    }

Now since i am not getting any MessageBox, i assume that i was able to load the plugin library. But again i am using this dll in another C++ console application, i am getting the error QODBC Driver not loaded.

• Sorry for the above code the Code is as follow :

@QLibrary lib(QLatin1String("C:\Qt\4.3.3\plugins\sqldrivers\qsqlodbcd4.dll"));
    if(lib.load())
    {
    lib.resolve("qt_plugin_instance");
    }
    else
    {
    MessageBoxA(NULL,"Unable to load qodbc","Error",1);
    exit(-5);
    }@

• You only loaded a library, but did not add the plug in.

@
    typedef QObject *(*QtPluginInstanceFunction)();
    @

can be found in qplugin.h. And without a call to qRegisterStaticPluginInstanceFunction the plugin is not registered in the global plugin cache. Without registration, it's not usable.