Problem with Qt Creator not stopping on breakpoints when using lldb

• Hi,

I'm using Qt Creator 3.1.2 on OSX Mavericks and using lldb as the debugger. If I set breakpoints on files that reside in my home directory, everything seems to work perfectly.

However, in my project a number of files include other files in other directories.

#include "someDir/file2.cpp"

In the debugger when I step into these files it opens them up perfectly and I can step through the code there.
    However, if I set a breakpoint in any of those files, Qt just ignores them as if I didn't set a breakpoint at all.

Is this some kind of configuration error on my part or is it a bug?

• There's a debugger log, contents of right pane of Windows->Views->Debugger Log. Maybe there's something interesting in there.

• The default behaviour for the way lldb searches files included thus doesn't play nicely with .c file inclusion. Performing the following should resolve the problem;

settings set target.inline-breakpoint-strategy always

should sort the issue. Getting Qt Creator to use/set this value persistently is a different issue.

HTH.

• The default behaviour for the way lldb searches files included thus doesn't play nicely with .c file inclusion. Performing the following should resolve the problem;

settings set target.inline-breakpoint-strategy always

should sort the issue. Getting Qt Creator to use/set this value persistently is a different issue.

HTH.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.