[SOLVED] Can we override the properties set through stylesheet ?

• Hi,

I have a scenario where there is a list of widgets on a form, for all these widgets few properties like color/font has been set through a single stylesheet file (.qss). Now through a settings dialog can I change override the widget properties like font / foreground color / background color ? Or It will reflect always the properties as set in the stylesheet file ?

Regards
    Sam

• Moderators

The last stylesheet line will override the previous ones if they affect the same properties.

Just give it a try, you should be good.

• A test example to explain:

I have a form with two pushButton , For the first button the font properties are set through stylesheet , when I click on the second button , there in the slot I set the font using QFont which doesn;t change anything.

@/****BEGIN TEST ****/

QFile file("C:/test/TestFont/style.qss");

if(!file.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly | QIODevice::Text))
    qDebug() << "Could not load file";
    else
    {
    QString StyleSheet = QLatin1String(file.readAll());
    ui->pushButton->setStyleSheet(StyleSheet);
    }

/****END TEST ****/
    @

SLOT:
    @void MainWindow::on_pushButton_2_clicked()
    {
    QFont font;
    font.setFamily("Arial");
    font.setPointSize(10);

ui->pushButton->setFont(font);
    qDebug() << ui->pushButton->font();

}@

StyleSheet.qss
    @QPushButton#SomeButton
    {
    font-family: MS Outlook;
    font: bold 14px;
    }@

• Moderators

so you're not using a stylesheet in your slot

What message does the qDebug in your slot give you?

• Yes thats the question, If we can mix stylesheet properties and QFont/QPalette

So if I set the same value using stylesheet then it works, but in this case I need to write a css file dynamically and force it to be used only for the specific module that uses it within the application.

@QFont font;
    font.setFamily("Arial");
    font.setPointSize(20);

ui->pushButton->setStyleSheet(QString("font-family: %1; font: %2px;").arg(font.family()).arg(font.pointSize()));@

The idea is that we have a designer with a lot of widgets, somewhere there is a container/ list with some style define that can be edited by the user,

So if I drag and drop a particular style to a widget the should be rendered/reflected by all the widgets which has the same type, eg a pushbutton.

• Implemented !

Thanks Eddy

• Hi Sam , Please share how you achieved that.

• Set font and refresh qss theme again. It works. Looks dirty but I think there is no right solution in such case.

Added info for future reference

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.