[SOLVED] QUDPSocket Help

• All I am trying to learn QUDPSocket and attempting to write an application to push data back and forth across a network between laptops. Nothing fancy just messages, but I want to send a msg from one system and catch it on the other. I found a nice example on line and it works but it seems to write and read the datagrams on the same system. So I have tried to bind the IPs of the two systems and I get nothing. I am sure I am missing something. Here is my code.

MyUDP::MyUDP(QObject *parent) : QObject(parent)
    {

socket = new QUdpSocket(this); 

socket->connectToHost(QHostAddress(“101.207.29.195”), 1234, QIODevice::ReadWrite); 

connect(socket, SIGNAL), this, SLOT)); 

}

void MyUDP::WriteData()

{

QByteArray data;

data.append(“Data In”);

socket->writeDatagram(data, QHostAddress::LocalHost, 1234);

//this writes and reads fine. 

}

void MyUDP::WriteData(QByteArray inMessage)

{

socket->writeDatagram(inMessage, QHostAddress(“101.207.29.195”), 1234);

}

void MyUDP::readyRead()
    {
    QByteArray Buffer;
    Buffer.resize(socket->pendingDatagramSize()); //Pending DatagramSize is size of incoming data
    QHostAddress sender;
    quint16 senderPort;
    socket->readDatagram(Buffer.data(), Buffer.size(), &sender, &senderPort);
    //Process packets here.

qDebug() << “Message from : “ << sender.toString();

qDebug() << “Message Port : “ << senderPort;
    qDebug() << “Message : “ << Buffer;
    }

• Sorry the code is postings strange. I tried to edit it several times.

• Can you check the network setup ? Can you check whether client box and server box in same network ? Do you have reachability to both boxes ?Are they in same network ?Can you ping each IP address from each box ?
    ie.
    ping 101.207.29.195

• Yes I have pinged from both machines and they are on the same network. Once is connected through a wireless connection if that makes a difference, but I can still ping it.

• Difficult to see your code. I can send you the working code. Can you drop email to me ?

• No problem what is your email?

• Just dropped an in mail for you. You can drop me an email.

• I sent you a message with my email. Let me know if you received it.

• I solved the issue. The server has to be set to LocalHost. then the client connects with the IP address. Everything seems to be listening properly.

• I just sent another email

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.