LNK1104: cannot open file 'gdi32.lib'

• I simply cannot figure out what's going on here.

I installed Visual Studio 2013 Express. It seems to work fine.

I then downloaded the latest offline 64-bit Qt binary and installed it.

When I try to compile a new project I have created in Qt Creator, I get the error: "LNK1104: cannot open file 'gdi32.lib'

I have read all other topics that I can find on this matter, and they all seem to indicate that the Windows SDK is not installed or that Qt Creator is not configured properly.

I have the Windows 8 SDK installed. But the thing is, there is no 'gdi32.lib' with the libraries that were installed with the Windows 8 SDK that I can find.

I have checked in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\lib
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\Win8\um\x64
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Lib\winv6.3\um\x64

There are many lib files in each of those directories. But none of them are gdi32.lib. I feel like I must be missing something obvious, but I have no idea what.

In the Compilers settings for Qt Creator, the one that is active for my kit is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat x86_amd64

I'm not really sure what I should check or how to proceed in getting this working. I've spent hours troubleshooting and reading online and nothing has helped.

I really appreciate any assistance that can be provided.

• Well I feel like an idiot.

After all this troubleshooting and reading... all I needed to do was re-install the Windows 8.1 SDK and then everything just started working.

Maybe someone else will run into a similar issue in the future. If so... try reinstalling the proper version of the Windows SDK and see if it helps!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.