Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

New to Qt. (Sloved)

• dear All, i am totally new to qt and i was trying to look at it. so i tried to check examples in it it was giving totally error and dont know hoe to sort it out.
    Qt:5.3.1

with the first error i googled it and installed minGW and linked it in tools:option:build and run:cumpilers linked to C:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe.

in kit and qt version there is a red error mark with ! mark.

no idea how to sort it please help me.

thanks.

• Moderators

Hi, and welcome to the Qt Dev Net!

[quote]i tried to check examples in it it was giving totally error and dont know hoe to sort it out.[/quote]What is the full error message?

[quote]installed minGW and linked it in tools:option:build and run:cumpilers linked to C:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe.

in kit and qt version there is a red error mark with ! mark.[/quote]Your Qt libraries must match your compiler. If you downloaded Qt for MSVC 2013, then you cannot use MinGW.

The easiest way is:

Uninstall your current copy of Qt

Uninstall MinGW

Go to http://qt-project.org/downloads , click "Show Downloads"

Download and install "Qt 5.3.1 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.8.2, OpenGL, 735 MB)" -- this package will install everything you need.

• i am using windows 64 bit. should i need to download 32 bit and install it..?

• Moderators

You can run 32-bit programs in 64-bit Windows.

• ok. thank you. once it is installed i will be back.

• dear sir, i am trying to download from above link from last 5 days. it is not getting downloaded. in between it is getting disconnected. what to do..?

• Moderators

[quote author="naik.manju98" date="1407219590"]dear sir, i am trying to download from above link from last 5 days. it is not getting downloaded. in between it is getting disconnected. what to do..?[/quote]Your download mirror is having problems.

Click "(Info)" next to the download link, and try a different download mirror.

• thank you sir. it is downloading 2 min left.

• Moderators

You're welcome :) Happy coding!

(If your issue is solved, please edit your original post to add "[SOLVED]" to the title)

• Thank you everyone for helping and making me feel comfortable in solving the above problem.