QSerialPort cannot open rfcomm socket

• Hi,
    I try to open rfcomm socket (bluetooth -> serial port), but QSerialPort library cannot open it. QSerialPort::open() returns false and QSerialPort::errorString() returns "Unknown Error" (error code 0). But when I open this socket by GtkTerm 0.99.7-rc1 everything works ok.
    I use Qt 5.3.1 (GCC 4.6.1, 64 bit) on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit
    There is my piece of code that I use to connect to my socket:
    @
    serialPort->setPortName(ui->comboBoxPorts->currentText()); //"rfcomm0"
    serialPort->setBaudRate(ui->lineEditBaud->text().toInt()); //250000
    serialPort->setDataBits(QSerialPort::Data8);
    serialPort->setParity(QSerialPort::NoParity);
    serialPort->setStopBits(QSerialPort::OneStop);
    serialPort->setFlowControl(QSerialPort::NoFlowControl);

if (!serialPort->open(QIODevice::ReadWrite)) {
        qDebug() << "Error: " << serialPort->error(); //returns 0
        ui->labelStatus->setText("Error: " + serialPort->errorString()); //returns "Unknown error"
        return;
    }

@
    Have you any idea what may be wrong?
    Thanks in advance,
    Radek

• What does QSerialPortInfo::availablePorts() report? Is rfcomm0 a valid serial port according to it?

• Thanks for reply.
    QSerialPortInfo::availablePorts() detect the "rfcomm0" correctly. QSerialPortInfo::isValid() returns true.

• Are you using the same serial port settings in GtkTerm?

Try using different settings, i.e. Baud9600, ...
    Is it possible to only open for read-only or write-only?

• Thanks for help. It's working on standard baud rates (9600, 115200, 230400...). QSerialPort accepts only standard baud rates??

• Actually it does accept all.

I did find a huge mistake your up to. You have to first open the port then apply the settings. Otherwise the settings will be applied to "default" on open. Try:

@serialPort->setPortName(...)
    if(serialPort->open(QIODevice::ReadWrite))
    {
      serialPort->setBaudRate(ui->lineEditBaud->text().toInt()); //250000
      serialPort->setDataBits(QSerialPort::Data8);
      serialPort->setParity(QSerialPort::NoParity);
      serialPort->setStopBits(QSerialPort::OneStop);
      serialPort->setFlowControl(QSerialPort::NoFlowControl);
    }@

• Thanks a lot. I have one another question about sockets. I don't understand why I get opening error "Device or resocues is busy" (error code 2) while QSerialPort::isBusy() returns "false" and QSerialPort::isOpen() returns "false". This occur when I open rfcomm0 port with GtkTerm, close it and then try to open it with my aplication. Is there any way to reset socket?

• QSerialPort::isOpen():
    Returns true if the device is open; otherwise returns false. A device is open if it can be read from and/or written to.

This means if your application did open the port and is readable/writable isOpen() returns true.

QSerialPortInfo::isBusy():
    Not sure about this, if this really returns true if the port is still locked by another application.

QSerialPort::open()
    This returns true if the port cannot be opened and false if not. So if you cannot open it, it probably is still locked.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.