How to combine two or more widgets into different layouts?

• I have a tab widget containing a row of toolbuttons. However when any of these buttons are clicked I want it to open another widget with fixed parameters at another part on the screen. For example I have a button in the tab that says Collect. If clicked it opens a table widget outside of the tab on another part of the screen that has a set number of rows columns and labels. If I clicked on a different button it still opens a widget in the same place but with a different widget. Is this possible? Are there any reference code to go along with proof it is possible?

• Hi,
    Use the QStackedWidget for the 'changable' widget. Add the widgets you need to be shown there. Then when a button is clicked set the widget you need on top in the stacked widget.
    There is an example about a configuration setup dialog, but the idea is the same.

• Thanks!!! I just have one question. Can I link certain widgets in the stack to certain buttons so when there clicked, only the widget corresponding to the button pops up.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.