[SOLVED] QProcess launching CMD and compiling with it (Windows 8)

• Hello
    I need my project to compile stuff. So I created a QProcess and started CMD(output is redirected to textEdit)... Now if I then write to it "dir \n" it works great... Everything is displayed as it should(exactly the same way as in a real console)... but if instead of writing "dir \n" I write "g++ (parameters, files...)" All I get in the textEdit is the command "g++ (parameters, files...)" but no other output... I don't know why... Any help is appreciated... Thanks :D

code:
    @void MainWindow::compileProject(mbedProject *proj,QString *pars){
    QString completePars=*pars+" "+proj->file->fileName()+"\n\r";

compilerProcess->start("cmd");
    if(!compilerProcess->waitForStarted()){
        qDebug("Error starting cmd!");
    }else{
        compilerProcess->waitForReadyRead(100);
        compilerProcess->waitForFinished(100);
        //compilerProcess->write(("\""+compilerLocation+"/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe\" "+completePars).toUtf8().constData());
        compilerProcess->write("dir \n");
        compilerProcess->closeWriteChannel();
        compilerProcess->waitForBytesWritten(100);
        compilerProcess->waitForReadyRead(100);
        compilerProcess->waitForFinished(100);
        if(compilerProcess->exitCode()==0){
            qDebug("Compilation Successful!");
        }else{
            qDebug("Compilation Failed!");
            // compilation failed
        }
    }

}@
    Picture when writing dir \n
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0bKAstz-Jy6OEVXT3I4VXhKQVk/edit?usp=sharing
    Picture when writing g++...
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0bKAstz-Jy6ZXhPZ0d1TWtTV2M/edit?usp=sharing

And if I enter the exact same g++... to a CMD opened at that exact location(also with the ""(because of spaces in the path)) I get output... I know that I can't compile .h files it is just what I had at hand...
    And I am redirecting both stdout and stderr(or at least I think so)...
    @connect(compilerProcess,SIGNAL(readyRead()),this,SLOT(updateCompilerOutput()));@

@void MainWindow::updateCompilerOutput(){
    compilerTextEdit->insertPlainText(compilerProcess->readAll());
    compilerTextEdit->verticalScrollBar()->setValue(compilerTextEdit->verticalScrollBar()->maximum());
    }@

So what is the difference that causes that dir is ok and g++ is not?

• Hi maybe a stupid question but haven't you forgotten the \n, I mean instead try:
    @compilerProcess->waitForFinished(100);
    compilerProcess->write(("""+compilerLocation+"/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe""+completePars + "\n").toUtf8().constData());
    @

• I saw your compiler string. It is too big and difficult to experiment. Did you check the command on command line. Copy-paste the same command which is in image you pasted and see it runs. If you are able to run that, you should not have problem here as well

• [quote author="hskoglund" date="1404339237"]Hi maybe a stupid question but haven't you forgotten the \n, I mean instead try:
    @compilerProcess->waitForFinished(100);
    compilerProcess->write(("""+compilerLocation+"/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe""+completePars + "\n").toUtf8().constData());
    @ [/quote]

I have \n\r in completePars
    @QString completePars=*pars+" "+proj->file->fileName()+"\n\r";@

• [quote author="Dheerendra" date="1404358676"]Copy-paste the same command which is in image you pasted and see it runs. If you are able to run that, you should not have problem here as well[/quote]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0bKAstz-Jy6eTVIQkZNcEVKU2c/edit?usp=sharing

I copy-pasted it and it did output something...(now its a different file) Could it be possibly because of the missing \n? maybe even if I put it to the string but after the conversion to const char* it disappears or something...?

• And if I enter unknown command ("blahblahblah \n") in CMD I get "blahblahblah is unrecognized...blahblahblah"... and in my app I get nothing... well... I get a new line to enter new command(like if the command executed with no output)

• And another thing is that if I run this code:
    @QString completePars=proj->file->fileName();
    connect(compilerProcess,SIGNAL(readyReadStandardOutput()),this,SLOT(updateCompilerOutput()));
    connect(compilerProcess,SIGNAL(readyReadStandardError()),this,SLOT(updateCompilerOutput()));
    compilerProcess->execute(compilerLocation+"/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe",QStringList(completePars));@

the output comes out in the Application output in Qt Creator but it does not come out in the app... and the slot updateCompilerOutput never gets called...why?

• Now its fixed... all I needed was this line of code...
    @compilerProcess->setProcessChannelMode(QProcess::MergedChannels);@
    But thanks for your time :D

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.