[SOLVED]Connect qlineedit with horizontal slider

• Hi,
    I want to connect lineEdit with horizontal slider that will change values when the value in lineedit changes. (picture attached)!http://i60.tinypic.com/15nq3yd.png(http://i60.tinypic.com/15nq3yd.png)!

I have tried this method but to no avail. I wonder if it's because the value inserted into lineedit is in QString format and the value in slider is in integer format?

cpp:
    @
    connect(ui->lineEdit_21,SIGNAL(textEdited(QString)),ui->horizontalSlider,SLOT(rag_valuechanged()));

//in a separate function
    ru_rag = ui->lineEdit_21->text();
    int rag = ru_rag.toInt();
    //separate function ends

int RadioUserWindow::rag_valuechanged()
    {
    int r = rag;
    ui->horizontalSlider->setValue(r);

}
    @

error msg:
    QObject::connect: No such slot QSlider::rag_valuechanged()
    QObject::connect: (sender name: 'lineEdit_21')
    QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'horizontalSlider')

May I know what went wrong here?

• Moderators

@
    connect(ui->lineEdit_21,SIGNAL(textEdited(QString)),ui->horizontalSlider,SLOT(rag_valuechanged()))
    @

The parameters for textEdited() and rag_valuechanged() should match. So it should be rag_valuechanged(QString) and then in that slot convert the QString to integer and set it to the horizontalSlider.

• Agree with p3c0.
    It would be like this.

connect(ui->lineEdit_21,SIGNAL(textEdited(QString)),ui->horizontalSlider, SLOT (rag_valuechanged ( QString )));

• i tried and i still get the same message, no such slot QSlider::rag_valuechanged(QString)

the slider did not change when the text is changed.

• Have you applied changes into .h file according to rag_valuechanged(QString) slot??

If no, then I think you should define slot in .h file

void rag_valuechanged(QString) ;

• i got it solved with the simpler way, right click and go to slot for lineedit and set the slider value from there without using the connect line. Thanks all.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.