[solved]Manipulating multiple GUI-Objects at once

• Hi there,

I have an application with a bunch of lineEdits, that the user is supposed to fill with information.
    Then there is a shiny "Start the process"-Button.

While the process is running it is pointless to enter new values.
    I want to make that as clear as possible, by blocking all Objects from human interference.

Right now it is done like this:
    @ui->lineEdit_foo->setDisabled(true);
    ui->lineEdit_bar->setDisabled(true);
    ...@

Is there a way to disable all of them in a less manual way?
    Something like:
    @for (MainWindow::allLineEdits) {
    disableThem(true);
    }@

It is a small thing, but it would make my code a little more maintainable.

Cheers,

Schmaunz

• I see several options

Declare a QList or QVector of QLineEdit widgets and create them manually. Then you will be able to operate on the list of the line edits.

Declare a QList or QVector of QLineEdit widgets. At the begging after ui->setupUi(this); put all ui->lineEdit_xxx to in the list of the line edit widgets. Then you will use that list to operate on all line edits.

Create a signal disableAllEdits(bool). After ui->setupUi(this); connect all line edits slot setDisabled(bool) to the signal and emit disableAllEdits(true/false) when need to disable/enable the line edits.

• From the "Documentation:":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qwidget.html#enabled-prop "Disabling a widget implicitly disables all its children."

• Put all your lineedits in the same container/box. Then disable the container when the user clicks the button.

• Sorry for the late answer and thanks for your replies.
    Disabling the container around the lineEdits works just fine :)

• Please, place [SOLVED] in front of your first post if the answer was given. Saves us from reading!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.