[QT 4.8] QTBride system, connect C++ signal with parameter -> Javascript slot

• Hi Everyone,

I'm working with Qt 4.8 and I have some troubles with the Bridge system.
    I read the QtBridge documentation and I easily can connect my simple signal with a javascript function, but i still can't succeed to link my C++ signal with parameters with my javascript function.

For exemple, I have my Object myObject which is link to my javascript code and has a signal @void tagada(QString message);@
    How can i send the "message" parameter emited by the signal to my javascript function ? I tried many things like
    @
    function monSlot(p)
    {
    alert(p);
    }
    alert("ok");
    myObject.tagada.connect(monSlot(d));
    @
    or
    @
    function monSlot(p)
    {
    alert(p);
    }
    alert("ok");
    myObject.tagada(d).connect(monSlot(d));
    @
    but it wasn't effective at all...
    thanks in advance !

• You need three things:

This is the function registered to and called from JavaScript for bridge functionality:
    @
    void QT_MainWindow::webGUIbuttonClick(QByteArray LinkID)
    {
    //your code
    }

@

Adding this (QT_MainWindow) object to the WebFrame for bridge functionality

@void QT_MainWindow::populateJavaScriptWindowObject()
    {
    ui->web->page()->mainFrame()->addToJavaScriptWindowObject("NativeBridge", this);
    }
    @

And preparing adding objects to JavaScript (bridge from JS to native code)
    @connect(ui->web->page()->mainFrame(), SIGNAL(javaScriptWindowObjectCleared()), this, SLOT(populateJavaScriptWindowObject()));@

Now use this in your js:
    @NativeBridge.webGUIbuttonClick(linkID)@

Works here with this simple code.

• Thanks for your reply,

I already have done the 2 firsts things, but what I want to do is to send a QString with my C++ signal to my function written in JS.

I have seen this in the documentation:
    @ function myInterestingScriptFunction() { ... }
    myQObject.somethingChanged.connect(myInterestingScriptFunction);@

and it works when the signal "somethingChanged" send nothing (like this exemple) , but not when this signal send a QString or whatever else...

if somewhere inside a function of myObject I do :
    @emit tagada("success")
    @

I wanna have a JS function which take this string and do some stuff with it.

• I haven't tried in this direction since I am only needing to bring over arguments from JS to C++, which works in my case.

So, if it basically works to call a function in JS in your case, there might be something wrong with the arguments definition.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.