[SOLVED] How can I add extra configs to a subproject at run time?

• I have a project that depends on an external lib, structured like this:

@
    project/
    project.pro
    3rdparty/
    3rdparty.pro
    the_lib_I_depend_on
    src/
    src.pro
    @

both project.pro and 3rdparty.pro are subdir projects. src.pro is the one that really builds the application.

The lib is itself a working qmake project, producing a dynamic-linked library, but instead of installing it to the target machine I want to statically linked to it instead.

I know that I can add CONFIG += staticlib to the lib's .pro file to make it produce a static lib, but I would prefer not to modify the project itself, so that I can include the project as a git submodule directly. But is it possible? How? Adding CONFIG += staticlib in neither project.pro nor 3rdparty.pro works.

• Have you tried to add CONFIG+=staticlib to qmake command line?
    If you use QtCreator then you can add this option to a build step in a Projects page.

• Yes it works—thanks for pointing it out.

Wonders if there's a solution that works if I ever want this not to be global and want this to be applied only to selected subdirs. But this works for my use case.

• I just came up with an another solution with ".qmake.cache and QMAKE_SUBSTITUTES":http://qt-project.org/wiki/QMake-top-level-srcdir-and-builddir . I put file .qmake.cache.in containing CONFIG+=staticlib in my 3rdparty directory, and added an extra rule QMAKE_SUBSTITUTES+=.qmake.cache in 3rdparty.pro. Seems like a a better solution for me since I don't need to remember typing qmake CONFIG+=staticlib anymore.

And this can probably solve the selected subdir problem I mentioned in the previous comment. You can make a new job that generates qmake.cache.in files at runtime in selected paths, and make 3rdparty.pro depend on it. Haven't try it, but seems like it would work.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.