Import QtQml.Models 2.1 issue

• I recently installed QtCreator 3.1.0 (based on Qt 5.2.1) on Windows 7 and am having issues with the following code snippet which is extracted from a Qt example:
    @import QtQuick 2.0 import QtQml.Models 2.1
    Rectangle {
    ObjectModel {
    id: itemModel
    Rectangle { height: 30; width: 80; color: "red" }
    Rectangle { height: 30; width: 80; color: "green" }
    Rectangle { height: 30; width: 80; color: "blue" }
    }

ListView {
        anchors.fill: parent
        model: itemModel
    }

}@

Before I even try to build, I get the following error:

QML module does not contain information about components contained in plugins.

Module path: C:/Qt/5.2.1/msvc2010/qml/QtQml/Models.2
    See "Using QML Modules with Plugins" in the documentation.

Automatic type dump of QML module failed.

Errors:
    "C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\bin\qmlplugindump.exe" returned exit code 3.
    Arguments: -relocatable QtQml.Models 2.0 C:/Qt/5.2.1/msvc2010/qml
    QQmlComponent: Component is not ready
    "file:///C:/Qt/5.2.1/msvc2010/qml/typelist.qml:2:1: module "QtQml.Models" version 2.0 is not installed"

I verified QtCreator installation, its environment and even reinstalled it without success. Note that I managed to run the same code snippet under Ubuntu without any issues so it seems Windows-related. Also note that I created multiple projects with various compilers (e.g. MinGW 4.8 and MSVC10) to check this out without success.

Any idea what could be causing this issue? I found some posts discussing about installing missing plugins under Ubuntu, which is the resolution for the same problem under Ubuntu, but this resolution does not seem to be applicable to a Windows environment.

Thanks in advance for any kind of information that could help me out!

• I notice the import statement has optional items that may follow the name of the module. It's a wild guess but it may be confused by your syntax.
    You might try putting your import statements on separate lines.

• I am experiencing the same thing...

import QtQml.Models 2.0

module "QtQml.Models" version 2.0 is not installed

Do we need to add something in the .pro file?

• jsprenkle: Thanks for the note. It is a copy-paste mistake here that the import statements are on the same line. In the original code, there are not. Thanks anyway! :)

Jawad: I tried to look for some info wrt .pro file but without success. Let me know if you find something on your side.

• try looking where you installed your Qt to see if the structure Qt uses to find plugins is present. Here's the directory structure on my box:

Directory:
    YOURQTINSTALLPATH\qml\QtQml\Models.2

There should be a file named "qmldir" there and some dll files.

My qmldir file contains the text:

module QtQml.Models
    plugin modelsplugin

• jsprenkle: I looked into my Qt install path, i.e. "C:\Qt\5.2.1", and each project type folder, e.g. "mingw48_32" and "msvc2010" (I tried multiple project type thinking it might be the cause of the issue), and I do find the structure "qml\QtQml\Models.2" containing the file "qmldir". Each instance of this file contains the lines:
    "
    module QtQml.Models
    plugin modelsplugin
    classname QtQmlModelsPlugin
    "

• Did you try setting the version number down? Perhaps you don't have version 2.1 but do have version 2.0?

@import QtQml.Models 2.0@

• I initially tried that and failed. Based on the information I found, QtQml.Models started at version 2.1 anyway...

• I am using Linux but I have the same issue. I found a hint that I shall install
    @qtdeclarative5-models-plugin@

but it wasn't found when I tried.

I am looking at StocQt example on Sailfish SDK. The example imports 2.1

• I got it working in Linux. If I deploy it as RPM package, it resolves the package dependencies itself.

• And after reading readme, I found out that installing qt5-qtdeclarative-import-models2 is the missing package.

@pkcon install qt5-qtdeclarative-import-models2@

• Thanks everyone for the replies. Turns out it's something wrong with Qt Creator and/or its environment. I've switched everything to Visual Studio 2010 and now everything works perfectly.

• Hi,

i cant install that in ubuntu...
    my error..
    Command failed: This tool could not find any available package: Package name qt5.3-qtdeclarative-import-models2 could not be resolved.

• Hi,

i cant install that in ubuntu...
    my error..
    Command failed: This tool could not find any available package: Package name qt5.3-qtdeclarative-import-models2 could not be resolved.

• Try to launch as rpm-package, not as binary.

• Try to launch as rpm-package, not as binary.

• I'm using QtCreator 3.4.1 and still have this issue.

@jalomann said:

And after reading readme, I found out that installing qt5-qtdeclarative-import-models2 is the missing package.

@pkcon install qt5-qtdeclarative-import-models2@

@jalomann how do I get and install this "qt5-qtdeclarative-import-models2"? I'm using Windows btw. Can you give me the link to the readme file?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.