How to set cert for QSqlDatabase connection with SSL?

• Hello,

I am trying to connect to MySQL db over SSL, but I get an error: "SSL connection error QMYSQL: Unable to connect"
    I followed procedure from "here": (example 1) and set up my.cnf, server-side appearrs to work ok:
    @mysql> show variables like '%ssl%';
    | Variable_name | Value |
    | have_openssl | YES |
    | have_ssl | YES |
    | ssl_ca | /root/certs/ca-cert.pem |
    | ssl_capath | |
    | ssl_cert | /root/certs/server-cert.pem |
    | ssl_cipher | |
    | ssl_key | /root/certs/server-key.pem |

I have "QT += core gui sql ssl network" in .pro and connect with following code:
    @ QSqlDatabase db = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QMYSQL","asterisk");
    bool ok =;@
    My guess (based on "this": ) is that I have to set CA-cert.pem as certification authority cert. But how do I do that without any QSslSocket instance?

in case: I work on windows with mingw; mysql connection without ssl works.

• According to the MySQL docs, the mysql_ssl_set() function needs to be called before opening the connection.

I suggest that you create a feature request at stating your problem and requesting additional connection options for setting SSL certificates.

As a workaround, you have to call mysql_ssl_set() manually before calling QSqlDatabase::open(). QSqlDriver::handle() returns a QVariant containing the MYSQL* connection pointer. Pseudo code:

@mysql_ssl_set(qvariant_cast<MYSQL *>(mySqlDatabase->driver->handle()), "...", ... @

• farryF, thank you for your answer, I'll try that API. If I succeed I'll post reqest - for now I'm not sure I set up certs correctly. I can connect to mysqld over ssl from commandline only when specyfying all: ca-cert, client-cert and client-key.

• You can try this "simple solution":

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.